Soulmates

I move over to Elysian and sit opposite her  "One of the first nights on this quest you talked about your tattoos." I feel my face heating up "But you didn't mention the three on your chest." she smiles slightly "I know. They are more personal than the others." I smile "You don't have to tell me." she smiles "You have the right to know, I want to tell you. One is my true form, the second is a saying that my mother used to say to me every night when I was little." 

She takes a deep breath looking away from me "The last is my soulmate rune. My soulmate will have the same one over his or her heart also." I nod slightly "What do you mean by soulmate?" she smiles "The one person in the whole universe who I am destined to be with. My true love." I nod slightly "You told the others you didn't have it." she chuckles "I did not want to answer the questions that would follow."

"Do you... What are your feelings towards me?" she blushes slightly staring out the window "You've worked it out haven't you." I nod slowly "I think so." she turns her head staring me the eyes "You do not have to feel pressured into anything. The rune is a Majda custom it does not have to mean anything if you don't want to." I stare at her shocked for a moment then slowly reach forward running a hand through her hair pushing it behind her ear admiring the piercings. "Your beautiful, and I feel the need to protect you. Your strong, kind a skilled warrior and I get jealous when other men stare."

She smiles slightly leaning forward "You think I'm beautiful?" I nod and she leans closer "Well I think your very handsome your majesty." I feel my cheeks heat up slightly "It would seem we both feel the same way," she nods and I lean my forehead against hers "Soulmates." she smiles brightly and I close the gap brushing my lips against hers. They are soft and warm and I feel one of her hands running through my hair pulling me closer connecting our lips once more. This time the kiss lasts longer and heat spreads through out my body my heart thundering in my chest.

The rune over my heart almost seems to pulse with energy and when we pull apart for air it dawns on me that I all I want is her. To keep her safe and by my side. Her face is flushed and her eyes are bright in the candlelight "Can I see it?" she nods slowly and pushes her shirt to the side slightly revealing the rune over her heart "It's changed." the rune has now turned a deep gold colour like the metal, she blushes slightly "One thing I forgot to mention. The first kiss is when Majda usually start courting as it proves they are soulmates."

I smile "I don't have a problem with that, can I do something?" she nods and I reach forward taking a small bit of her hair and slowly braiding it down behind her ear so that it matches mine. "I'll give you a bead when we get to the mountain, I want to make one." she blushes "I love it no matter what." I kiss her gently again knowing I will never get enough of the feeling of her lips on mine. When we finally pull apart she stands "I'll see you tomorrow, my king." my heart flutters at her words and I watch her walk out the room pausing for a moment before following walking to my room in a sort of daze.