Chapter 59

Your POV:

My eyes slowly open, the sun shining in my eyes. I groan, rubbing my eyes in order to wake myself up. "Wakey wakey sleepy head."

I turn to my right, looking at Luke, who had a smile across his face, leaning against the door frame.

"Did you sleep well?" Luke asks me as I make my way over to my wardrobe full of clothes. "Yeah I did. I haven't slept that well in years." I reply, truthfully. He smiles, walking beside me after I finish getting ready.

We both look at the mirror in front of us, smiling. "You look beautiful Y/N. Not a single star in the galaxy compares to you." He finishes and I blush at his words.

I look at my clothes thinking how he could still find me beautiful even though I'm wearing nothing but a boring shirt, black bottoms and combat boots. However, my thoughts are interrupted by his next words.

"We better set off. We have quite the journey to make." He says and I follow him out of the room, making sure to keep my lightsaber and blaster close by.

Once we make it to the hangar, Luke leads me towards another end of the large room. "Where are we going? Aren't we taking our X-Wings?" I ask in confusion. We usually take our separate ships.

"Not this time. You see, I managed to find your old ship and bring it here. I didn't want to tell you so that I could surprise you." Luke beams. My eyes fixate on my old ship and my smile widens in excitement. "No way! How did you even find it? I thought it was lost on Hoth!"

"Well, I went back whilst you were asleep. I managed to find it in the wreckage of the old rebel base. Fixed it up."

I wrap my arms around him tight, not letting him go. "Thank you!" I beam and he chuckles slightly, wrapping his arms around me too.

"Anything for my one and only."

Time Skip

After a medium length journey, we finally arrive on Naboo. I've never been to this planet before so naturally, I'm extremely curious. "You ready?" Luke asks.

"Always."

The door to my ship slowly opens, letting in the sunlight from outside. I carefully put one foot in front of the other, making my way down the ramp. I gasp at the sight.

Many civilians roam the beautiful streets. Giant buildings surround us and the voices of many people chirp through the city. I close my eyes, looking up to the sky, allowing the sun to hit my face. I am finally at peace.

"It's nice isn't it? My mother grew up here." Luke says, leading me towards where I suppose his mothers old house is. "It's beautiful! This place seems perfect!" I exclaim with pure adoration.

"I knew you'd love it. I always planned to bring you here but unfortunately I never got the chance to. Until now, that is." Luke informs me. I look at him, giving him a quick kiss. "Well, we're here now aren't we? So let's get going!"

We both casually walk towards where his mothers house is but I sense that something is wrong. "What's the matter? You seem nervous." I ask him. He shrugs it off. "It's nothing. I'm just curious because you never know what might happen." I drop the situation, not wanting to push it any further.

Soon enough, we make it to his mothers old home and we step out onto one of the balconies that overlook the great lake in front of us. We stare out into the sunset as we listen to the calming noises around us.

"Y/N? There's something I need to ask you..." Luke trails off, looking nervous, just as he did before. "What is is?"

"Well, we have been dating for quite some time now and I'm so grateful to have had you in my life." He starts but pauses for a short amount of time, as if he is contemplating something. Wait, he's not breaking up with me, right?

"Y/N... what I'm trying to say is... you're the most beautiful women I have ever played my eyes upon. I never again want you to leave my side. Y/N, will you make me the happiest man in the galaxy and marry me?"

My heart stops and my gas drops. I gasp as he pulls out a small box and bends down on one knee. I frantically nod my head as he places the ring on my finger. Tears of joy flow down my cheeks and he picks me up, spinning me around.

He kisses me with so much passion, as the sun begins to set, painting the sky with beautiful yellow, orange and blue colours.

I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. And I wouldn't have it any other way.