ㅤㅤxiao ❁ stay alive

The ghastly screams of the demons who once roamed the lands of Liyue echoed through the harbor

The ghastly screams of the demons who once roamed the lands of Liyue echoed through the harbor. Their haunting presence disappears as they disintegrate within the Qixing and adepti's hands. They attack the demons with all of their strength, making sure that they wouldn't crawl back from the depths of hell.

You were friends with a certain yaksha who first preferred to be alone, until he met you.

Xiao is known as the last yaksha in Liyue.

Yakshas are known to succumb to the hands of their karmic debt which somehow erased their existence.

Everyone in Liyue knows him for being one and at the same time distant and enigmatic. No one has ever been acquainted with him since Xiao tends to push everyone away as he sees no point in having friends. Even Ganyu, who is a half adeptus and half human, are only acquainted with him because she needed help with her training. He does not want anyone to pry within his personal affairs, especially if it's a mere human like you.

That is until you arrived.

Xiao knew that the humans would take over Liyue someday but he couldn't help to feel a dislike towards their kind. You would always come to the inn he resides in to ask him how he's doing, always having a look of sadness whenever he refuses to acknowledge your presence.

Sometimes he would hide within the tree's leaves to see you standing on the balcony, the yaksha's favorite place, to wait for the male's arrival as you just want to know more about him better.

With determination, persistence and almond tofu, you managed to win his trust and friendship to the point that you both made an oath with each other. If death comes knocking down your door, just call my name.

Xiao remembers that encounter very well since it's one of his most favored core memories. He might not show it, but he appreciates your presence around him. It gives him a sense of belonging and importance whenever you rely on him if ever trouble comes your way. He's not afraid of using his adeptal powers to drive evil away when it comes to you, he doesn't care if he gets hurt when it comes to you, all because he wants to secure your safety and to see your smile that he longed to see.

The two of you practiced your battle stances while he mastered the art of his vision. It has been a daily routine for you and him to train within the rocky mountains in Jueyun Karst. The harsh terrain eventually has taught you resilience amidst the war you'll face in the future.

The adepti has been watching over the both of you train and has seen the perseverance you exert at every training session. Even Granny Ping would offer the both of you some tea right after a session. She would often let out a laugh whenever you and Xiao bicker at superficial things and you would win against him (but he's just purposely losing because he wanted you to win the argument). But nonetheless, it's such a wonderful experience.

Everything was rather well for the both of you, until demons suddenly spurred from the depths of hell to spread havoc in the harbor.

The Liyue Qixing and the adepti had noticed the sudden changes of the people in Liyue. Pentagrams were found within the alleyways, in a place that's secluded, they found a couple of items that can be related to an occult. This went on until a rift opened up in the Feiyun Slope which not only disrupted the businesses in the area, but also disrupted the peaceful harbor.