ㅤㅤ〘 F 〙diluc ❁ the edge of glory

"(Y/n) do you think we'd be able to travel the world together until we get old?" Aether asks you as he snuggles his head against the crook of your neck.

The two of you were resting, you two haven't reached the city of Mondstadt yet and it's still a long walk ahead. The sun was brightly shining down and it's rays burn so you and Aether decided to take a rest under a sunsiettia tree.

Aether shook the tree vigorously before you two could take a rest. The fruits fall down with a thud and he snatched them off the ground and placed it in his bag.

Aether's back was leaning against the tree trump while your back was leaning against his chest. His arms snaked around your waist as he heave out a sigh, you two plan on travelling the whole world before you two take an enternally peaceful rest.

"Ah, let's go? If we want to reach Mondstadt by the end of the day we have to go to Springvale first and take an overnight rest" Aether gestured you to stand up in which you did, "Let's hold hands"

His hand wrapped around your own, warmth spreading in your body at his own touch. A smile plastered on his face as you two continue on your journey.

But after a few minutes of walking, the ground started to shake and tremble. A black-ish hole formed in front of you two, Aether's hand tightened against yours as he step in front of you.

Some unknown female floated from the space and it triggered both of your fight and flight. She coldly looked down on both of you..

What happened was a blur but in an instance, Aether had pushed you away from an attack from the god which made him got hit. His whole body started to get engulfed by dark crimson cubes. The unknown god had taken your loved one away.

She looked at you and raised his arm, you were about to strike an attack at her when you felt your body go cold due to the cubes surrounding you.

"Give Aether back!" You yelled but the cubes engulfed your body whole.

The gravity seemed to disappear as you felt yourself falling down but you didn't felt the impact of the ground because your consciousness had started to disappear.

"Ah so that's what happened.."

Paimon and you were currently in Mondstadt's tavern. Diluc was in front of you, silently wiping some shot glasses but he's listening to your story. He looked at you when you raised your finger,

"O-One more g-glass *hic* please" you slurred on your words, this was your fifth wine. "G-Give me the s...stong..est you h-have!"

Diluc didn't placed the prices of the wines you drank on your tab since he knew you needed to pour your emotions out. When you asked for the strongest one, Diluc didn't gave it.. instead he gave you some grape juice.

He didn't want you to fall unconscious on the tavern just like what happened to Venti the other day.

You took the drink in your mouth in an instant. Paimon looked at Diluc worriedly, but the man just nodded, as if understanding something.

"You go and rest up Paimon.. I'll take care of her" Diluc said to your companion. He got out of the counter and hoisted you up, carrying you bridal style. "I'm taking you to the Dawn Winery"

Tears were spilling down on your cheeks, it stained Diluc's clothing a bit but he didn't mind. He was carrying you when the two of you teleported to the statue near the winery. Paimon had already recalled to rest, she has full trust on Diluc anyway.

There's a guest room in the winery, that's where Diluc had taken you. He gently laid you down on the bed, Diluc saw your condition and he was like this before.

He knows the pain of losing someone and being left all alone to fend off for yourself.

"I miss him so much.." you mumbled while burying your face into your palms. The alcohol too had an effect since you just decided to pour all your feelings out suddenly. "I want to see him.. tell him I love him..."

Diluc was hurt but he didn't show it. Instead he just looked at you with his usual face and his hand found its way on your hair, brushing them. He caressed your cheeks gently, wiping the tears that were falling down.

"Don't cry..." he softly said.

In the spur of the moment, everything stopped. It felt as if all your problems flew away in an instant. Diluc stood up from sitting and gently laid you down on the bed, tucking the blanket. He approached you slowly and placed a warm kiss on your forehead.

"Everything will be alright" he whispered and pulled away, leaving you to silently sleep and rest for the day.