ㅤㅤxiao ❁ eunoia

TRIGGER WARNING- mention of abuse

TRIGGER WARNING
- mention of abuse .

I was stuck in the concealed dark
Then I saw you shining so bright .
And at that moment I thought ,
You're such a pretty sight .

Xiao silently took his shoes off and placed them neatly on the side, despite the mess of shoes that his family had made by the entrance. He cautiously walked in the room, careful not to make any sudden noise as an indication that he's already home.

The male didn't want anyone in his family to know that he's already home after he found out that his teacher had called his parents because he skipped classes earlier today. His whereabouts were unknown to his classmates because he specifically disappeared without telling anyone.

But really he just stopped by a rather far village, Qingce Village where he feels at home.
Old people usually live in the village due to the fresh, clean air and the relaxing atmosphere in contrast to the city where Xiao's family moved in a few years back.

"Xiao, is that you- Xiao!" His mother called out from the kitchen but the male only sped up to make a run towards his bedroom, not minding his mother's angry calls.

The male swiftly locked the door and heaved out a huge sigh of annoyance as he tossed his bag at the floor and threw himself on the bed.

He already had a peaceful day and the last thing he'd want is his parents giving him a long lecture of skipping classes.

"I should've moved out when I got the chance" Xiao sighed and took out his phone from his pockets and when the gadget automatically connected to their internet, his notifications were bombarded with countless messages from his teachers and classmates. "Great..."

He quickly scrolled through his messages and one sender had particularly caught his eye. Never in his life had he expected that someone like them would even talk to him.

Xiao quickly jolted up and pressed on the message from (Y/n). It had read :

Hey ! You weren't in class today and everyone was rather worried about you since you were never absent before .
The teachers told us that you were just coming up with something but I wasn't sure to believe them so I better check for myself .
Sorry for sending you a message out of the blue though !

The male fumbled on his actions and thought for his reply. He wasn't sure if he could trust them with his personal problems as well. Luckily (Y/n) told the teacher's false reason for why he was gone for today so he decided to roll with that. In the end, he chose to reply :

Thank you for worrying about me. But yes the teachers were right, I was just feeling out of the weather and decided to take a rest.
Don't worry though, I'll be going to school tomorrow .

Xiao double checked his message before sending it to the recipient.
(Y/n) is the president of their class ever since elementary, it was only natural that they have to worry with such trivial matters. Though, the class worrying about him was quite new to Xiao. It made him skeptical if they are really worrying about his current state or are they just faking it for their personalities?