A Ball Date

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

I yawned. It'd been a month since school'd been over. We were back home and everything felt better than it did last summer. Sliding out of bed, I checked the time to be eight in the morning. Dropping straight to the floor I did my push-ups and then a few other stretching and muscle exercises before getting up forty five minutes later and heading for a shower. I wore my regular t-shirt and joggers before making way down to the breakfast table. Aunt was already preparing breakfast. I set the coffee up for brewing and stretched before sliding in a chair.

"Mail's here. And it looks like your girlfriend's sent one too." She smirked. I told Aunt about Macy and I once Macy mailed about telling her mum as well. I had no problem with her mum knowing and honestly was glad that we could share with our family.

"Really?" I jumped and started searching through the flyers and a few of Aunt's mails. Finally I reached a thick envelope, slightly wider than a letter. It was cardboard as well and very gracefully, my name was written along with M at the bottom.

I cut it open and ignoring the card inside, I pulled out the thin letter first.

Hey,

First, I'm sorry for not responding last week. Families getting together and all that. Second, ever since I told mum about you, she keeps insisting on inviting you and your aunt for lunch some time.

So, lighter news, I miss you. Strange. I know.

I chuckled.

Anyway, how's your training going? Are you practicing your spells proper? Please tell me you are getting the hang of the proper battle strategies. It will keep you safe.

She was teaching me theoretical of a battle and asking me to put it into practice so as to analyze whether her methods would help me or not. It was smart how it was helping. I even used it in a training exercise with Caleb and he appreciated the tactics. Macy was a smart one. I always knew.

Finally, attached to this letter is an invitation card. Its for a ball. You remember Andy? He just joined the Chudley Canons! Following his brother's footsteps. He invited my mum and I at the British-Irish League opening ceremonial ball, and I asked him whether I could invite you as well. Hes agreed. I'd really love it if you could make it. Bring your aunt as well, Andy says he's got room on his invite list. Each player is allowed to bring a certain number of people. You know how it goes.

Please tell me if you plan on coming, I have to confirm with Andy. I really look forward to hearing from you.

Yours,
Macy

I stared at the letter for a bit and then pulled out the card. 7t had two tickets tucked inside. No names written on it, just passes by the name of Andy Bermin.

"What is it?" Aunt asked, setting the sausages on the table.

"Macy invited us to a ball."

"A ball?"

"Yeah, the opening ceremony one for the British-Irish League." I scanned the letter again.

"Thats exciting." She took the card and checked the tickets.

"Should I go?" I played with the letter in my fingers.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, what if we meet someone we know... we could...It would be difficult to explain-"