A Defeat Unexpected

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

Next day, I was tensed through the hours dawning and drowning. Around five, I met with my team on the fifth floor and we went into the room of Requirements only to find Ron, Hermione, Luna, Neville and Ginny in the room. Macy, Casey, Nancy, Nigel and Louis stopped in the back as i reached them.

No." Ginny spoke instantly. I stared at her with a clenched jaw.

"Yes. You said we can and we will." I fought, reminding her that she'd been the one who asked for me. She paused and looked at me. Her brows scrunched and dropped for a bit. She was worried and I could already notice the pale skin on her face.

"Fine." She breathed.

"I've sent out for the order." Ron spoke.

"Order?" Hermoine asked. I inhaled a deep breath.

"Yes. Lupin, Tonks, Fred, Geroge, Mum and Dad will be here any minute."

"You what?" Ginny asked upset but then sighed, "Okay. Where are they arriving?" She asked.

"McGonagall's office." Ron answered.

"No. Ask them to come through Dumbledore's." She responded after a thought.

"How?" Neville asked.

"The coin. Fred and George's!" Hermione jumped.

"Come on, Dumbledore's office. Keep an eye on Malfoy." One by one we started moving out and then marched off to Professor Dumbledore's office. As Ginny went for the Gargoyle, we all stopped and kept an eye out.

"Who are you?" Ron asked Louis, behind whom was Casey.

"Erm, this is Louis. Thats Casey and this is... Jenna." I sighed, "We're a part of the D.A."

Hermione grinned.

"Alright. Thank you." Hermione nodded, "For helping." She looked at all of them, "But-"

"No. We can help." Louis stopped her and looked at me, "Ask Ed."

"Yeah." I answered firmly. In a few, Ginny walked back down the moving Gargoyle but this time with the familiar Order people I'd seen at the Headquarters. But then two people I didnt recognize came as well. A little longer red headed man with a beautiful golden haired lady beside him. I felt like I'd seen her somewhere.

"Thats Fleur DeLecour!" Nigel whispered. I read about her. She was one of the champions.

Ginny didn't stop to recruit but was continuously on her toes. She turned to Hermione immediately.

"I'm going to the tower. I'll stand guard there for them. You know what to do, right Hermoine?"

Hermione nodded and understanding Ginny's worry, she hugged her tight.

"No matter what happens, stay safe." Ginny muttered to her mother, squeezing her hand. Then she paused in a turn and looked at me. Tapping my shoulder, she nodded.

"Ed, for Merlin's sake be safe."

"What about you?" I asked.

"Im going to be just fine." She gave a smile that I couldn't read. It didn't feel right though. That smile. I just returned with a gulp and then she started jogging away but was stopped at a distance by Sirius and Remus.

"Wait, Ginny!" Sirius had yelled. Then they talked for a second before Sirius hugged her tight and she left. My heart sank. Nothing about the night felt right.