Heading Out For Another Year

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Jenna

I watched as Eddie and Ginny laughed while dancing. I'd seen him approach her while she cried, sitting alone by her table. It made me smile that he was considerate enough to make her laugh at his silly moves as he did now. He didn't know anything about dancing. I could tell. But he tried so very hard. It was sweet.

Andy danced with me for a bit before turning a beautiful girl in a pink gown. I looked around, ready to return to my table when a tap held me back. I looked to find Harry giving a pursed grin with a hand out.

"Dance? With you?" I chuckled.

"I am not all bad." He defended. I smiled and took his hand. He inhaled a deep breath and looked around.

"One hand on the waist and the other in hand." I explained.

"Yeah. I know." He chuckled and took position with me.

"Hmm. Not bad." I complimented when he didn't step on my toes.

"Hey, I've done this a few times now. Three to be exact."

"Let me guess, twice with Ginny Weasley."

He grinned and nodded.

"Atleast she doesn't judge me."

"Please. She judges you hard as she should."

"So very kind of you."

"I know."

"You look great."

"So do you."

He inhaled a deep breath.

"Whats on your mind?" I asked his thinking face.

"Nothing."

"It won't hurt to trust her." I responded and he looked up, slightly taken back, "I'm sorry. I'm not trying to intrude but I've never seen her so upset, Harry."

"I know, Jenna. Trust me..." He dropped his head.

"Okay." I quickly added, "Tell me something, is being an apprentice too dangerous?"

"What?" He seemed confused.

"Er... erm, Ed.. he's-"

"Ah. I saw it, by the way." He grinned, "Finally did it."

"Its been six months actually." I felt my cheeks burn, "We just didn't want to come out."

"I understand. Avoiding the gossip."

"Exactly!" I nodded.

"Being an apprentice is dangerous. No doubt. But I don't doubt Ed either. He's pretty agile and quick. Thinks on his feet and finishes the job well."

"And gets hurt."

"Yeah, reminds me of someone pretty well."

"How difficult is it to lay out a plan, especially when you know what you are getting into?" I asked. He tilted his head and stared at me, "What?"

"You girls... you could make Aurors. But no.. you're gonna be a Professor and a Player."

"Is there a problem with that?" I cocked a brow.

"Er.. no. I was going to compliment." He chuckled, "Sorry, I'm a team leader now, have started thinking like one."

"Hmm. Understood. But... try to think like twenty years old boy."