A Caring Girl

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

I straightened my leg, afraid that I broke it. Ginny sat on one side of the bed and Professor McGonagall by the foot.

"Are you sure you want to try out tomorrow?" Ginny sighed.

"Yeah. It was just a Nogtail." He grunted.

"Why was he chasing one?" She asked Professor McGonagall.

"Some recruiters had their hands on a few. In the wrong hands, they could be dangerous. They asked for him."

"Caleb?" Ginny gulped.

McGonagall nodded.

"Hmm." Ginny sighed.

"I still don't understand why you aren't working with me Ginny." I straightened, "They offered you work with them."

"I know. I just need to finish school Ed. Besides, I'll help when you think you need me."

We looked at Professor McGonagall.

"Or when Professor McGonagall sees fit."

Professor McGonagall nodded.

"Rest up, Eddie." Professor McGonagall nodded.

"Thank you, Professor."

She nodded at Ginny and left.

"How did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"This... this whole... thing?"

"No idea. Freak adrenaline rush I suppose."

I laughed.

"Get some rest, Ed. I'll see you on the field tomorrow."

"Im getting that position." I called as she walked away.

"Yeah. Yeah." She waved and left without looking back. I grinned and laid back in bed. Evening was settling and I wasn't hungry, so I let slumber take over me.

***

"He's alive." I heard a familiar voice.

"Of course he is." Another but female.

"For now." A deep but female too. It was angered. When I pushed past the darkness and looked around. All my friends were there but the closest face was of Macy. She looked dangerous. Deadly.

"Oh, he-hello."

"Hello, yourself."

Oh, that... deep voice.

"Fell off another set of stairs, did you?"

I looked around and Louis snorted lowly. Nigel bit his lip with crossed arms and Nancy pursed her lips. Casey raised brows at me.

"Er, um.... no." I gulped, "I was practicing yesterday... with Gin-Ginny." I couldn't help the stammer, "And I fell."

Macy looked at me with squinted eyes and knitted brows. As much I loved that she cared so much, I was terrified.

"Uh, are you going to tryout today?" Nigel asked.

"Yeah. Whats the time?"

"Eight."

"Bloody hell, tryouts are in an hour!" I yelled. Everybody flinched, "Sorry, I really need to get to the tent. I need to tryout!"

"Ed, that might not be a good idea. Look at you..." Nancy started.