Dancing With The Stars

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

Everyone settled and the room went slightly silent. The dance floor cleared and Minister took place behind the lectern. He started a speech about the harmony and peace after the many years of fear and the excitement of the first British-Irish League starting after the war. They started announcing teams and the first to arrive were the Applebys. They all looked so high and prideful. Players were announced in order of Seeker, Keeper, Beaters and finally, Chasers. Ballycastle Bats came next and then Banchory Bangers. They all walked to smaller circular platforms around the main dance floor, facing us to watch.

"Caerphilly Catapults!" Minister Kingsley introduced as all the players approached. I recognized one tall man in them who was announced as the Captain and seeker. He'd met us the day we went with Ginny for her Hollyhead tryouts. Amazing.

"Another year for the upcoming, slightly upgraded boys, lets welcome, Seeker, Jacob Malcom! Keeper, Andrew Ranson! Beater also Captain Noah Bermin!" Noah walked ahead with his head. I clapped, "Beater Roderick Crawford!" Another tall and built guy joined him up, "Chaser Jack Brikson! Chaser Leo Lang! And a new young addition to the family, Chaser Andy Bermin! I present to you, The Chudley Canons!" We all clapped loud for them. Then were the Falmouth Falcons.

"Let's welcome the stunning ladies of this striking newly designed team this year! Let's give a round of applause for the seeker, Marylyn Garcid." A tall, young and blonde woman, dressed in satin grey woman walked in, "Keeper, Gwency Parsons!" A brunette, shorter haired and physique girl walked in with a big smile and a red dress to show for it, "Beater Cassie McPhillias!" A bob hair brunette walked in a lighter pink dress, "Beater also Captain of the Hollyhead Harpies, Gwenog Jones!" She looked wonderful in a yellow flaring dress with hair tied loosely behind her, "This year, our dear Gwenog Jones refreshed the group of Chasers after a massive retirement! Let's welcome these young ladies to the world of Broom, Bat and Ball. Chaser Wilda Griffiths!" Another blonde girl walked in, standing beside Cassie, "Chaser Valmai Morgan!" A bottle green dressed girl, walked in fashionably and took her spot, "And finally, and may I say the most youngest, new addition Chaser Ginevra Weasley!" Ginny walked in and Macy gasped. I snickered and clapped harder. She was turning red with all the attention on her.

"I love her dress!" Macy beamed, "Oh, why didn't you tell me she was in a team?"

"I thought you knew."

"Oh, I'm so happy for her!" She clapped and hooted.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, representing Wales in its prime, the Hollyhead Harpies!" The girls all clapped along with the crowd before heading for their platform in the back.

The rest of the teams walked in after and ended with Puddlemere United.

Then, the dance began. The male players approached the females and then some people were approached by friends to join the dance. Music was smooth and peaceful to hear. People giggled and laughed, dancing around.

"You're going to dance with me, right?"

"Why, Ed, you ask so very gracefully." She shook her head and I dropped my head on the backrest of my chair. I focused on my drink for the next half hour, because Noah had taken Macy up for a dance.

"Why won't you take her up for dancing?" Aunt smacked my shoulder.

"Shes dancing with someone else, if you haven't noticed." I shrugged.

"Thats because you haven't asked her."

"Okay."

"Ed, ask her when she comes back."