Curiosity

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Jenna

I fixed my bag and hung onto my strap as I headed for the Great Hall. I'd lost Miranda along the way so I made my way for breakfast and hopefully expected to run into any of my friends. Lucky for me, I found Nigel, Nancy and Ed sitting opposite Ginny Weasley and Dean Thomas. I inhaled a deep breath.

"Hey guys." I smiled, sliding in beside Ed. My heart paced at the scent of musk coming from him. He looked up from his oatmeal and I was almost lost staring at him for a bit.

"Hi Jenna, ready for class?" Nancy spoke up from behind Nigel and I sighed.

"She just got here." Ed defended and my heart pounded slightly. I frowned at the little scar running under his jaw. He seemed so... tired.

"Yeah, but we have to go to the library first."

I sighed and he looked back at me. I was still staring at the scar on his jaw.

When I felt his eyes on me, I straightened and looked around.

"Bye, guys." I chuckled, got up and left with Nancy. Looking back, I saw Ed watching us leave and something pumped in me.

"You arought, Jen?" Nancy asked as I turned to look at her.

"Something's off with him."

"Who?" Nancy asked.

"Eddie."

Nancy bit her lip.

"Nancy." I groaned.

She chuckled.

"So?"

"He's been busy."

"With what?"

She didnt answer.

"Nancy, you know I'll find out, right?"

"If you find out then..." She sighed, "You find out."

I shook my head.

We reached the library and got onto our homework.

I was just midway my work a thump broke my trance. I jumped and stared at the large book that sat by my parchment. Nancy was the one who dropped it by me.

"What is this?" I searched the title, "Magical Reinforcement Government Jobs?"

"Just something to browse through."

"Im not looking for careers right now, Nancy."

"Oh, just..." She pulled open the book and smacked a chapter open in front of me, I read up the page.

"Apprentices?" My brows scrunched.

"Just a fascinating subject to talk about."

"Like Ginny Weasley was?"

"Well, yeah." She didn't seem as thrilled as I thought she would be at me giving her something back about this out of the blue topic.

"Okay... and why am I learning about this?"

"Because they are fascinating!" She grunted.

"Alright. Alright. Golly, whats gotten into you?" I rubbed her shoulder.

"Nothing... its just... you... ugh!" She stood, staring at the table for a bit, "I'll see you in class." And she left.

That was the weirdest I'd seen Nancy act. Strange. I stared at the topic again and searched for any answers to her curiosity. Everything written in there, I knew already. Ed had been obsessed about Ginny's work and so he talked about it for a while in the private D.A. meet of the six of us.