An Exciting Class

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Jenna

Next day, I walked into the Defense Against the Dakr Arts classroom and was the first one. Harry was setting up.

"Careful, Jenna. People might assume you're the new nerd of the fourth year." Harry chuckled, setting a set of parchments.

"I think i already am." I sighed, dropping in the front bench of the middle row.

"Well, they are jealous. I know how much I envied Hermione."

"No you didn't."

He paused.

"No, I didn't. But I should've. She's way too smart."

"Ah, it'll be fun when she joins the office, wouldn't it?"

"Yeah. I fear she might replace me as the head of my task squad." He shook his head, sitting behind his desk and leaning on his elbows.

"Ah, you should fear Ginny more." I smirked and his smile faltered, "Are you alright?"

He nodded.

"Its over, isn't it?" He looked up from the desk, "Im sorry. I don't want to pry but I can't help but notice."

"Yeah, its over Jenna. I'm sorry... We just don't want to talk about it to the world." He dropped back.

"Yeah, no, of course. I just..."

"I dont mean you, Jenna. Its alright. Friends notice things." He chuckled.

I sighed in relief.

"Can I ask why? I'm pushing my luck but let's try anyway." I breathed and he snorted slightly and then composed himself.

"When you've seen enough, you grow up too fast and in saving the world, you forget you have to save the ones you love. I couldn't afford the luxury of having her around. She's my weakness. Anyone who holds a grudge against me, high chance would come for her. You tell me, how do I put her in that position?" He ran fingers through his hair.

"Like she has always been in it before." I shrugged and his brows knit together, "She was an apprentice since before you.. got together, right?" He nodded, "You let her go before. Why not now?"

"Because I want her to have an easy life. A better one."

"It isn't better if it doesn't have the better part of it." I pursed my lips and before he could answer, students started filing in. He looked from them to me and then with a slight smirk, nodded.

"Hello." I gasped when a shoulder bumped to mine.

"Hi." I smiled at Ed. He was grinning as usual.

"I have to tell you something important."

"Oh... what?" I was alerted.

"I didnt finish my Charms work." He gulped. I shook my head.

"Ed! I told you to work in the library."

"I forgot." He mumbled.

"Okay. After lunch. We have a spare. We are going to the library then."

"You dont have to twist my arm." He huffed and I sighed.

"Erm, Hello class. My... well, all of you know me as Harry. So, lets stick with that." He gulped, "erm, I'm just substituting. Any questions?"

No one spoke.

Alright, the lets gets started, shall we?" He nodded with hands clapped in front of him, "So, who can explain the most common defensive charms?" He asked.