Gideon

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

The ceiling was such like paper, the light like the blown out moon trying to burn through the cold atmosphere. My body shivered every spell and I couldnt keep my head straight. Whimpers were threatening to spill out but I held my breath and tried to peak through the slits between the split shades in the door. I was laying under the small self in the kitchen pantry. I could see someone struggling. I could hear some yelling. I could feel the tension around. And then I heard her.

"We don't know!" Mum yelled.

"I'm asking one last time. Where is the order?"

"What order?" Dad spoke up. I cupped my mouth to hold back a call for him.

"Dumbledore!" A yelling sound came of another man.

"Heh." Mum huffed, "Even if I knew now, I wouldn't tell. You honestly, didnt expect us to tell you, did you?"

"Dont test my patience!" A slap sounded around.

"Mum." I mumbled to myself so lowly. I wanted to save them! Weren't they wizards? Why can't they help themselves?

"Avada Kedavra!" A hiss and a green light flashed. I gasped and slapped both hands on my mouth.

"Candice!" Dad yelled.

"She was talking too much." The man spoke bitterly, "Getting on my nerves, really."

"We don't know! For Merlin's sake! We didn't know anything."

"See... I dont believe you." Another man, a different voice spoke and heels clicked the very floor i was a part of, "You are an auror, Arthur. I knew you were in touch with Benjamin. He was a part of the order."

"Are you sure about him Peter? He's really tugging at my nerves." The first man spoke, groaning.

"You won't get him. Albus Dumbledore is the strongest sorcerer in the world. And now Harry Potter's back. You won't survive. None of you. Not this time." Dad spoke firmly.

"He will be back." That irritated man spoke with pride and obsession, "Lord Voldemort will return. You'll see. And we'll win. We will." The man spoke, taunting. Another green light flashed and then another thud. Shuffling sounded and people started moving around. I scrambled into a darker corner, curling myself behind my knees. I was big and small at the same time.

I waited for a while, shivering in the cabin. The phone rang on the small table by the fireplace. I wanted to answer it but I was too scared to do so. I could feel my skin cold as ice and limbs stiff like I was dead.

I felt like I was dead. Shutting my eyes, I dropped my face in my knees, somehow knowing well enough that my parents weren't awake outside. Aware of the fact that they no longer lived and I would never see them smiling at me anymore. I could just see my mum walking away into a white light. Her auburn hair swinging behind her as she stepped away from me. Then a raven haired man, my father, came and bent beside me. He ruffled my hair and kissed the top of my head.

"Be safe, Ed. Remember, be strong." He caressed my cheek with light fingers and then followed my mum in a path unknown to me.

I was crying like a child. Of course, I was only nine. Soon turning ten in a month. We were going to celebrate. Dad spilled that Mum was going to throw me a surprise birthday party where she'd invite all my family but... now...

"Eddie?" I heard a distant call in the darkness, "Oh, God. Oh, Eddie. Eddie?" I was shaking. I pushed through the darkness when the world started shifting around. Even through the darkness I could see it moving. The familiar cotton candy told me who I was with.