Confirmation

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

When I entered the common room, I found her by the fireplace with Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and a curly haired, pretty girl, older just like them. Ginny sat on the floor across from Harry Potter and the other two sat on the chair and couch. I felt a tickle around my legs and Merline had run to me.

"Hi, Ginny." I thought to approach, with Merline cradled in my arms.

"Eddie!" She looked up at me with genuine pleasure and I smirked.

"What a wonderful cat." The other girl complimented, staring at Merline, almost fascinated.

"Thanks."

"Eddie. This is Hermione, she's my friend and thats Ron. My brother." Ginny pointed at the girl and then at Ron. Well, that explained a lot. I sat on the floor beside her. Merline curled up in my lap.

"Oh, cool you have a brother?" I smirked. Having Nigel made me realize that it might've been fun to have a sibling.

"Yeah, she's got about six of'em." Ron answered and my eyes widened.

"Wicked!" I gasped. Such a big family. Six brothers. Wow.

"Not really." Ginny shook her head and I snickered.

"I haven't any siblings." I answered when Ginny looked at me, questioning with her eyes, "Its just me and my aunt. She's a witch too. She was going to take me to the station but she was late for work. So she told me to do what you told me. I was just still a bit confused." I clicked my tongue, embarassed.

"Well, atleast you found it." Ginny nodded.

"Yeah."

"Whats your cat's name?" Hermione asked.

"Merline." I smirked at the white ball.

Ginny snickered beside me.

"What?" She asked. I looked up at her amused sight. Odd name, I know.

"She's my mum's." My heart grew heavy but I kept steady. I looked at Harry Potter, staring at me with an ease, "My, er, My dad wanted to name the cat Merlin but he turned to be a she so mum changed it to Merline."

"Clever." Hermione smiled. I returned it slowly.

"I know. I just wish they hadn't but you get what you get, I suppose." I released a breath and looked back at the only family other than aunt that I had left, "I would change her name but my mum got her a couple months before they passed. I couldnt bring myself to do it." I cleared my throat and felt silence growing around. When my eyes travelled the room, they landed on Harry Potter who looked at the fireplace with a clenched jaw. Like he was blaming himself, thinking about my parents, not even knowing what really happened.

Finally, his face turned and he matched my eye for a second.

"Whats your aunt like?" He asked, surprising me.

"Oh, she's very nice. She took me in after my parents. She works at the daily prophet."

"Thats nice." Ginny smirked as Merline crawled on her legs, and she took her. I looked back at Harry Potter and he was watching Merline in Ginny's lap. I could see the tiredness in his eyes. I thought of trying to show him how I believed him and was on his side. I could tell them about what happened with that kid in my Astornomy class.

"Can i ask you something?" I looked at her and she turned from Merline to me.

"Yeah."

"A boy in my class told me to stay away from Harry Potter." I cleared my throat, "I told him to piss off. Will I get detention?" And I really did that.