Hogwarts Express

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

It was finally September 1st. The day to leave for my first year. It was thirty past eight in the morning and I was just staring at the clock. Time seemed to move at the pace of one minute passing per hour. I stared at the trunk packed beside my bed and my green bag pack set on top. Merline was laying in a ball on top of my trunk, looking like a white fur ball. I looked at the wand in my fingers, the black wand with a twisted handle at the bottom. It was beautiful, felt like strength. Like I could finally be of some use. I know I should've felt strong on my own but Merlin could I refrain from believing that now I was stronger.

I went downstairs placing my wand in my waist band and Aunt was once again making breakfast in the kitchen.

"What's on?" I asked, sitting on a chair.

"Pancakes."

"Really?" I perked up.

"Yep." She came around with a stack, "Figured a good going away breakfast."

"Thanks." I whispered and dug in.

"So, packed up?" She asked sitting on a chair with a cup and a leg set up.

"Yeah. Everything's in." I muttered.

"I'm glad you're taking Merline. I wouldn't be able to care for her properly."

"Mum said to take her along when I go to Hogwarts." Aunt paused for a second and then smiled with a nod. When we finished breakfast it was thirty past nine already and we were... well...

"Damn, we're late!" Aunt jumped, "We have to get to London!"

London was an hour away from us. We quickly put all my things in the trunk and got in the car around forty past nine.

"I'm going to be late for work." She groaned halfway into the ride. I checked my watch and it was already thirty past ten. My cheeks were burning. No way I'd miss the train.

"Just drop me at the station, I'll find the spot."

"Are you sure?" She looked worried as we parked outside the Kings Cross Station. The train would leave in twenty minutes.

"Yeah." I slid out and so did she. She got me a trolley and we stacked my luggage on. She put the cat box in which Merline sat with ease and we headed for the entrance.

"Okay. Go down to the main station and head straight for Platform Nine. There, the pillar with nine and ten on top, head for it. Run straight at it and you'll run through the wall. Okay?"

"Run through the wall. Nine and ten. Got it." I nodded.

"Great, come here." She hugged me tight, "Write to me, please."

"I will." I sighed and released her.

"Here." She handed me two tickets. One was of the train to Manchester at eleven and the other a beautiful ticket with Hogwarts express etched on top, "Put this in your pocket." She made me tuck the Hogwarts ticket in my jeans pocket, "Use this to get into the main platform."

"Okay." I nodded, holding the muggle ticket. She watched me enter the station and then I was in a busy crowd, feeling lost for a second. I went to the elevators that read station on top. I showed the ticket to the main counter lady and she pointed at the elevators behind her and I headed straight for it. She asked for an adult and I told her that she was coming right after me. Walking with confidence, though the nervousness crippling in, I headed for the large elevators and released a breath when I pressed the button for the bottom floor that had a train logo made on it. My stomach dropped as it moved and now I wiped sweat off my forehead. Why was I so nervous? Suddenly, I wished I wouldn't have asked my aunt to leave but no, I had to grow up and be strong.