Taking The Leap

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

"Stay here, will you?" I took both her hands and clustered them together, placing a together kiss on top.

"Where're you going?" She called out as I ran to the corridor, towards my room. I didnt wait and headed straight for my side table drawer. I plucked it out of a hidden corner in it and tucked it in my pocket before coming back out. She was standing in the lounge, playing with her fingers.

"Eddie, whats wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing. I just... I don't know, I have to do this."

"Do what?"

"Just stand still." I gulped and she bit her lip. I was ready when I paused.

"What?" She asked. I took her hand.

"Not here."

"Huh?"

I took her hand and pulled out my wand.

"No. No. Not a good idea. You shouldn't..."

"I'll be fine." I grinned and winked before disapperating us out of my flat. We landed in sand and she hissed at the feel of it under her bare feet.

"Where are we?"

"I used to come here with mum and dad." I looked around at the beautiful beach. The shores were flooding and receding and the wet sand came up and down. It was freezing and we were both underdressed for the place.

"Its freezing out here." Macy whispered.

"I didnt think this through." I snorted.

"What are we doing here, Ed?"

"Something important."

"And thats...?"

"You see that?" I pointed at the descending blue light sky, illuminated lightly behind the dark clouds.

"See what?"

"That, there." I pointed into oblivion and she searched. I took the second to take position.

"Where, Ed?" She grumbled.

"Here." I called and she turned. Her eyes widened.

"I... I... I don't even have a speech prepared." I snickered nervously, drawing a blank. It was when I saw her cupping her mouth that I knew that this was it, "Macy, I love you. I think I have for a while ...longer than I can admit." She chuckled, "Its insane how we make it through everything. A war. Unexpected... accidents." I gulped and she shook her head, "But maybe its just that way. You find someone and you just hold onto them. Make them... your anchor. No..." I snickered, "You make them your companion. They are with you when you are in the skies and walk with you when you are too tired to do so."

She gulped, now staring at me that way that she did before in the office.

"I dont know where I'm going with this. Am I even making sense?" I chuckled, feeling my throat dry out. She laughed.

"I think so." She sniffed.

"Just marry me." I snickered, finally making the proposal out.

"Is that an offer or a statement."

"Its a proposal, Macy."

She shook her head.

"What? No? Really?"

"What? No. That's not what I said." She freaked like I did before.

"So its a yes?"

"Wait, I didn't say that either."