Prepare For A Wedding

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Jenna

"Ed?" I called, reaching his crouched figure by the lake.

"Hmm?" He almost flinched.

"Hey... whats wrong?" I pressed a caressing hand on the back of his neck, sitting beside him. The moon was high and the little edge of it cut by the chilly night clouds.

"Got a letter this morning." He sniffed through his red nose. He wasn't crying. The air was cold enough to crawl under our skins.

"Okay." I waited for him to continue.

"Its from a friend. At the Ministry. I've worked with him a couple times."

I sighed.

"Ginny's missing."

"Im sorry?" I leaned in.

"Yeah. Barnsite says she, erm, up and left. Harry's looking for her."

"What happened?"

"They believe she's on a horcrux hunt."

"Another one? But I thought-"

"Not for Voldemort. Bellatrix Lestrange."

"Bellatrix Lestrange? I didn't know she could do something... something so complex."

"Well, apparently she did and now Ginny's missing. Which is just fantastic."

"Ed, dont worry. Harry will find her. Everyone will find her. Ron, Hermione, your friend, they're all aurors."

"Yeah I know. I just can't understand why this is happening. I thought this was over."

"Ed, you're an apprentice. You, of all people, should never expect a war to be over." I whispered by his shoulder. He looked over it at me and I blinked a small smile.

"I'm worried, Macy."

"I know you are. But you can't stress yourself like this. Ask if you can help in anyway. If you can, go and do it. And if you can't, know that they can find her and that she will be okay."

"Yeah."

I rubbed the back of his neck again, realizing how soft his raven hair were.

"Now, I'm frustrated. Because he said I can't do anything. That he'll update me."

"At least you have someone to ease your tension."

"Barnsite?" He looked up at me and I nodded, "Wow, Mace, didn't know you wanted to be replaced by a tall, yet blonde, man."

"Oh, shove off." I smacked the back of his head and he laughed, running fingers through his hair.

"Do you think we are abusing our powers of an apprentice and a prefect by staying out of the castle after curfew?" He dropped his head in my lap and I straightened my legs, leaning back on the support of my hand. The other was running fingers through his hair.

"Definitely."

"Hmm. How scandalous of us." He shut his eyes with a smile, humming and crossing his arms.

"Ed..."

"Yeah?" His eyes were still shut and a smile still on his lips.

"I.. I love you." I spoke and his eyes snapped open. He sat right up and stared at me with big eyes and a stunned look on his face. I waited for a beat and then he cupped my face with both hands before slamming lips to mine. I giggled in them and kissed him back, not wanting for him to say more and just enjoying the blissful moment.