An Afternoon Out

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

"What?" I mumbled, finally irritated by Louis' constant gaze on me. He was squinting at me as if reading my profile.

"You've been smiling for the past two days."

"And?"

"Its creepy. You look like someone jinxed you."

"Shove off."

"No really. What happened?" He snickered, tapping my shoulder.

"What do you think?"

"Macy's okay with you now?" He raised a brow.

"Yeah... I think so." I chuckled.

"So? Are you two dating now?"

"What?" I snapped up straight, "No. Not like that. No. I wish... but no..." I mumbled, "We're friends."

"Thats good."

I snickered, my face burning up. It was bloody brilliant.

***

It was game day. One against Ravenclaw. I was ready. So very ready. I was just heading to the den when Nigel and I ran into our friends. Nancy, Casey, Macy and Louis.

"Good luck today!" Nancy smiled.

"Since we have these two supporting you, I'm with Cas." Louis grinned.

"Traitor." Nigel shook his head.

"No. I don't need you on my side Louis. We'll win. For sure." Casey grinned.

"We will see." I grinned. She chuckled.

"Are you ready?" Nancy asked and we nodded. As we started moving again, I took Macy's hand and paused her midway. She gasped, stopping with a stumble. For some reason, my friends kept walking away.

"What?"

"Wish me luck?" I tried, biting my lip.

She chuckled.

"You're pushing your luck." She whispered. I gulped, scared again.

"Good luck." She came up and kissed my cheek. I dropped my head in an overjoyed yet hidden chuckle, "Dont get smug."

"I didnt say anything."

"Stop giving me that face."

"Im afraid I came with this one. Dont have a spare." I grinned.

"Good luck, Ed." She chuckled and we walked together ahead, without her realizing that she still had her fingers laced with mine.

***

"Alright, this is our second game, alright? No messes, I want everything clear the ground. We know the patterns, right?" Ginny looked around as we stood behind the shed, "Ed, you're covering Katie, Dennis and I. Amilda, you're working along with Nigel and Dean." She looked around. We all nodded.

"Amilda? Ed?" She looked back at the two of us who were behind all the players. We looked over them, "Keeper and Seeker. You only got one of them."

We both agreed. She was right. The play would toss off if either Nigel or especially Ginny was down. The shed lifted and we all roared up in the sky. Ginny remained low to meet the Ravenclaw Captain. Both Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs cheered for us.

"The Captains are ready. Ravenclaw Captain Missy Pensy, and Gryffindor Captain Ginny Weasley. She's really nice. My friend." We heard and I grinned at Luna, "They're shaking hands. How lovely." She spoke as Ginny shook Missy's hand and then the balls were released.