Prepare

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

That evening, when I went for the meet, the entire team was there. Including Casey, who stood with Nancy. She smiled and waved at me. I returned it with trembling fingers.

"Al-Alright, erm, we're doing levitation and a few jinxed that we remember." I looked around. Everyone nodded and turned to start with levitation.

"Wingardium Leviosa." I showed Casey, levitating Nigel. She chuckled and when she tripped slightly and bumped back in me, I dropped Nigel. I felt staring eyes at me and when I looked around, not only Nigel and Nancy looking at me but Macy was too. I noticed how Adam had come to yet another meeting and they seemed quite close now. I'd given up on her now. She didnt like me around her so I stopped being smug.

"Try yourself." I asked Casey. She nodded and waved her wand. Nigel started floating again, staring at me dead-panned. I snorted and Casey looked back at me, dropping Nigel again. I burst into a fit of laughter and Nigel quickly fixed himself straight.

"Alright there, mate?" I grinned.

"Yeah." He nodded but I could tell he'll get back at me later.

"Keep practicing, Casey." I told her and walked away to the rest of the group.

***

"Casey, huh?" Nancy asked as we sat in the library.

"She's nice." I smirked.

"Well, if it means anything, she doesn't stop talking about you either. Probably would kill me for telling you."

My face hurt.

"So... what do I do?" I gulped, "I mean, arent I too young to be... going out?"

"You're both thirteen now. It won't be a big deal i suppose."

"Hmm. I suppose." I sighed. Suddenly, a familiar face came to mind and I was confused thinking how I felt between Macy and Casey. Macy was someone I'd been trying to befriend unsure of what feeling I held for her. It was just good fun bugging her all the time but the rush i felt when I saw Casey was different. She was truly pretty and I hadn't been able to keep my eyes off of her. Maybe what I was feeling towards Macy wasn't what I thought it was.

I sighed, leaning back in my chair.

"Casey?" Nancy spoke and I snapped straight. Fixing myself in my chair, I smirked at her.

"Erm, sorry. You asked me to meet you in the library? For help?"

"Oh, oh, yeah." Nancy chuckled, "Sorry, I completely forgot."

"Thats alright. I was heading out anyway." I stood, slinging my bag on my shoulder.

"You dont have to go." She smiled.

"I have to go see someone." I lied and walked past her. I looked back once and my eyes widened when she was staring right back at me. I fixed my bag and headed out. I was grinning like an idiot when I bumped into someone and she was crying.

"Oh, hi, Ed."

"Ginny, what is it?"

"Nothing." She gave a wavering smile.

"Please. What is it?"

"Nothing, Ed." She cleared her throat, "You alright?"

I wrapped arms around her waist and pulled her in. It took her while before hers came around my shoulders and she dropped her head.