End of First Year

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

"Ed! Ed!" I was shaken awake to find Nancy and Nigel bent over me.

"What? What?" I muttered, rubbing my eyes, slowly coming to.

"They're back."

"Who?"

"Wake up!" Nancy bit out, "They're back!" She hissed. It took me a bit before I jumped up in my spot.

"They're back? Where? When?"

Harry, Ginny, Hermione, Ron, Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom had been gone almost a week now. They never showed up and there was not much news except one that confirmed that Voldemort was back. They'd done it. They'd proven the world that they weren't crazy and that the war they'd been warning everyone of was really on its way. I heard they'd been admitted to St. Mungo's after a small battle at the Ministry. What happened? I wasn't sure. Not many people were sure that they were there that night but I did. Nigel did. Nancy did. We knew it in our guts that they were there and that's why they'd been at St. Mungo's for almost a week.

"Well, Ginny's right here." I heard another voice and turning from the chair I'd slept in again, I looked to find Ginny standing by the couch. She was in her uniform tunic, shirt and robe and one of her legs was covered in a long thick cast. A crutch sat under her arm and she grinned at me.

"Merlin." I stood and smirked. Walking up to her, I analyzed her, "You're... well, alive."

"Yeah. Didn't take this time." She chuckled, "I heard what you guys did. Thanks." She nodded.

"We had to hold the front while you finished the job." I shrugged.

"Like I said, thanks." She wrapped an arm around my shoulders and I sighed, hugging her tight.

"Are you going to tell me what happened there?" I muttered, moving back.

"We were ambushed."

"Why'd you go to the Ministry in the first place?"

"Harry thought Sirius was in trouble."

"And was he?"

She shook her head.

"It was a trap." I sighed, "I heard Voldemort showed."

"He did." She nodded, "Dumbledore helped."

"How's Harry?"

"He's.. well... he's going to be alright."

"Ginny, erm, how did Harry know that Sirius was in trouble?"

She didn't answer and just smiled.

"I'm glad you're alright. All of you."

She nodded.

"I'm glad you are too."

Nancy and Nigel were gone.

"I heard you glued Umbridge."

"I did." I chuckled, "What did you lot do to her?"

"Kidnapped by Centaurs?" She clicked her tongue. I dropped my head back, laughing.

"She looked like a mess. Of course we left a little surprise for her in her office."

"Yeah, Malfoy and Pansy. Good job."

"Thank you." I snickered.

We stood there for a while, till I excused myself to go up and change. When I came down, she was standing by the window in the common room, staring straight at the sun but her eyes remained shy of the light.