A Past Most Sore

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Jenna

It was game time and though, it was Slytherin versus Gryffindor, I chose to go despite my initial decision to not do so. It was Nancy who begged me to come. Said that it was important for Eddie and she would like it if I could join them too. I was alright with going with her so we headed for the Great Hall together for breakfast.

To my surprise, he wasn't sitting with the cluster of the team beside Harry Potter, he was sitting a bit ahead on the table towards the door with Nigel. He was dressed in his jersey with the highneck golden striped red sweater, which fit him perfectly.

What was I doing?

I shook my head and followed Nancy. We sat across from the boys. Eddie was enjoying his egg and toast breakfast. He looked up when we reached them.

"Hey, girls. Ready for the game?" Nigel asked.

"Is Eddie?" Nancy grinned.

"Well, it's my third game of the year, I think I'm okay." Eddie shrugged, cleaning the corner of his lips with a thumb and then running his forefinger along his lips. He looked back up from his egg and I noticed how he'd tried to fix his messy hair. They looked good but it was better when they were messy.

Get a bloody hold on yourself Macy!

Macy? Jenna! My name is Jenna!

I was already frustrated.

"Are you both coming?" He asked.

"Yeah. Jenna's joining us as well." Nancy smirked.

"Good. Good. Sorry I won from Hufflepuff last game."

"Oh, dont get ahead of yourself." I spat and they all stared at me with raised brows. I gulped loudly and looked back at the table.

Just then Harry Potter was passing us but he stopped by Eddie.

"Hey." Eddie looked up.

"Lets go Eddie!" Ron Weasley spoke cheerfully behind us and jogged away. Harry snickered. Eddie got up and walked away with him, both enjoying Ron Weasley's enthusiasm.

"Yep. He's officially a popular jock." Nigel muttered and then both of them laughed. I only smiled. Maybe he was close with Harry Potter.

***

The snow was sticking and the wind was hard enough for me to wear earmuffs. I clapped with my gloves intact when Ron Weasley stopped a goal. Harry Potter had just swooped down from the sky to go after the snitch.

"There he is!" Nancy yelled over the crowd's boom and I saw her pointing at Eddie, who was flying and suddenly dodged a bludger which made both Nancy and I gasped. He paused with his bat and when the bludger came for him, I shut my eyes and then the crowd cheered. I opened my eyes to find him clapping hands with Ginny Weasley as the crowd boomed with a goal she'd made.

Soon the crowd started cheering a specific player.

"Weasley is our King!" They started singing and yelling.

Then a really loud roar came from the students as Harry Potter caught snitch and Gryffindor won. I laughed along with Nancy as all the players clapped in the air to their win and everyone still chanted for Ron Weasley.

***

"Brilliant game." I grinned, sitting with Adam at the dinner table.

"Yeah, I couldnt come. I went to Hogsmeade with a few friends."