Awake

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

I wanted to throw up but I felt so stiff. My limbs felt like rocks and chest heavy like stuffed with those. I made a sound for help but only a moan could through me.

"Come on." I muttered. Darkness was turning to fog and light was coming to clarity. My throat ached and I cleared my throat. Nothing. I tried again and his time, I almost choked at the level of release of breath. My eyes snapped open and o gasped for breath.

"Hey, hey." I heard and looked beside me to find a disheveled couple of men. Nigel and Louis. They had very light scruff around their jaws and dark eyes.

"Hey." My voice was crispy and breaking.

"How do you feel?" Louis asked.

"Fine. Why?" I gulped.

"Here, drink this?" Louis offered. I tried picking myself up but felt too tired to do so.

"Yeah. I wouldn't expect you to be up and about either." Nigel snickered.

"Help me up. I want to sit."

"Okay." Louis wrapped an arm around my shoulders and raised his other hand. I looked at my hand and raised it, placing it in his. He helped and sat me up, resting my back against a soft thing that felt to be a pillow. I looked around and it was a plain white room. There was a couch in the corner and the bed I was on, looked to be a hospital bed. I was at St. Mungo's. Louis forwarded the golden chalice to me and I drank up from it. It was delicious. Like pumpkin juice.

"Thanks." Now my voice came out alright. I shut my eyes to think straight for a second. The woman. The blast... Macy!

"Ed?" Louis stood, holding my shoulder.

"Where is she?" I tapped his chest, "Where's Macy?"

"She's alright. She's with the girls."

"Girls? Where? Is she okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah. She's fully recovered."

I dropped back.

"I... I should've made her leave. I just..."

"She told us what happened. You saved her life, Ed. Warning her, saved her life." Nigel spoke

"What about that girl?" I asked, wincing.

"Yeah, she's... dead."

"Well, I know, she's dead. She brought the bomb but... did you find out why?"

"Well, not much. There was a blast in the lock ups-"

"Let me guess, the girl we raided is dead too. Isn't she?"

"How... they had a relation? We can't figure-"

"Sisters. She came to tell me that the girl we arrested was... ah..." my head pulsed a pain again.

"Ed, it's okay."

"No. No. She came to tell me that the girl was forced to attack us. I told her that I can't let her meet her or release her... and that's when she got irritated and..." I held my head, pushing to reach the memory clearly. It was blank but I had to think harder. It was nearing the blast.

"Ed..." Harry and Barnsite entered.

I raised a finger for them to stop talking. They both paused.

"She reached into the bag." I spoke, "And she stood that way for a second. I smelled it."

"Smelled what?" It was Harry who spoke.