Wanting To Be A Hero

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Jenna

"Hey." Miranda's call broke my trance. She was sitting on the couch, staring at her book. She had episodes of books. She either loved them or she couldn't bear the sight of them. The girl was a mystery.

"Hi." I dropped beside her and put the basket in her lap, on top of her book.

"Oh, my Merlin. Is this for me?" She stared at it, slack jawed.

"Yeah. You asked for it."

"I didnt know you'd bring it."

"Actually, Ed got this. I asked him to pick some up from the store while he would be in Hogsmeade."

"Im sorry, Eddie Gideon?"

"I dont know any other Ed, Miranda." I chuckled.

"This is so sweet!" She beamed.

"Yeah, I told him you'd react like this."

"What?" Her expression turned to horror, "Why? Oh, you don't say that! Now he's going to think I'm swooning over him."

"He thinks its easy to swoon on him, so don't worry too much."

"He is cute. No doubt."

Well, I mean, he was.

"I know you think so, too." Miranda pulled out a cauldron.

"I really don't." I pulled off my hat and let the heat get to me.

"You are with him all the time-"

"Okay, I'm not with him all the time. I'm with my friends, which happens to include him."

"But he is always flirting with you! Give the man a chance!"

"Why do you care?"

"Because you have no idea how many heartbroken third and fourth years are walking around this year. You, my friend, have a clear shot at the new gossip of the school."

"I dont want to be a gossip, Miranda."

Oh, the gossip. I never thought about the gossip. Was there going to be much once word spread out? I was overthinking. Ed was famous but not that much. Just a few young students admired him because of the age range but the apprenticeship was his crown. And Ed wore that with pride.

"Your loss. Coming for dinner?"

"Yeah. Are you sitting with someone else?"

"No. I'm glued to you tonight." She wiggled her brows and I chuckled.

"Great. Let me shed off some layers then." I shook my head and went upstairs. Taking off my coat and gloves, I came back down, running fingers through my hair.

We made way to the Great Hall and I found my friends in a distant corner, sitting together. Ginny, Luna, Neville and Hermione were with them as well. I moved with Miranda by my side and squeezed in the smpty spot beside Louis, who was sitting next to Casey, Luna and Hermione. Ed and Nigel were in front of us, with Ginny and Neville.

"Hey guys. This is Miranda." I introduced as she slid in beside me.

"Hey Miranda. Heard a lot about you." Ed grinned and Miranda blushed.

"Hi." Nigel waved.

"Hi, Miranda." Louis spoke beside me, leaning on the table. Miranda looked at him and her eyes widened.