End Of Second Year

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

We couldn't sleep. None of us. Even Louis sat in the common room. Harry sat on the couch, staring intently at the crispy fire burning in front of us. He sat on the floor as usual and so did I. Hermione, Ron, Nancy and Nigel sat on the couches, while Louis sat in the chairs in the corner.

"Where is she?" I asked.

Harry didn't answer.

No one did.

Everyone started filing out after hours of silence. When Ron, Hermione and Harry were the only ones left, I got up and left as well.

The dorm was quiet except the few snores that sounded. I sat in bed, hadn't even changed. I couldn't move.

So much had happened in a spell of a few hours. I knew my sinking feeling had been true the moment Ginny told me to be careful. I knew something awful was going to happen and there it was. The Headmaster was dead and my best friend dead or missing. Merlin only knew.

Merlin crawled around my leg and sat between my feet. I stared at her for a few minutes before a silent sob broke out. I cupped hands on the sides of my head, dropping it. I was feeling insane at the moment. How did any of this happen? How did any of this.... how in the bloody hell did we lose?

How could Professor Snape do this to us?

***

Another morning, it'd been a week since that dreadful night occurred. I woke up early and jogged down from the dormitories around six, expecting to find Ginny sitting by the fireplace but it was only Harry. He was still on the floor, with his head dropped back on the seat on the couch. He was asleep but in the most uncomfortable position possible. I exhaled a loud breath and walked over. Placing a small hand on his shoulder, I woke him up. His head snapped up and he looked around.

"Come on, mate." I gave a hand. He took it and stood.

"Was she..." I licked my lips, "Was she alive?"

"She's run off, Eddie." He answered finally. He hadn't spoken to me in a bit. I hadn't even seen him around after Dumbledore's funeral.

"So, she was alright?"

He nodded.

"Not perfect but she woke up."

"She didn't say anything about..."

"If she did, I wouldn't be like this, Ed." Harry bit out. I nodded.

"I... what happened there, Harry? Tell me anything. You said Snape was involved. How?"

"I told you. He killed Dumbledore and then he tried to kill Ginny too."

"What about you?" I pointed out.

"They hid me."

"You think they knew?" I searched for an answer.

He looked up at me in some realization.

"I... I don't know." He seemed to be realizing.

"If they did, they were ready to get out of the way. But why?"

"To expose Hogwarts." Harry answered, walking away, pacing and understanding himself.

"Why?" I was still a bit lost.

"Get him out of his hole."

"What?" Still baffled.

"Voldemort. They wanted to bring him out and he won't do it..."