A Threat Most Feared

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

I rubbed my forehead, irritated at what I was seeing. It was a file of the two sisters who died in the blasts. Carly and Gem Matthews. Both thirty-three, non-identical twins. One lived in Manchester, according to the Identification Card and Carly lived in Dublin. They were pure bloods. Their mother and father passed during the Massacre of 1973, when Tom Riddle eliminated all those who refused to join his army. They were three at the time.

There was a knock and I allowed entrance.

"You know what I don't understand? This woman, she hasn't visited Britain in over three decades. But suddenly, she comes up and blows up the place for her sister, whom, get this..." I looked up at Harry, "... seems to have never met her sister."

"Seems?" Harry stood, tucking his hands in his pants pockets. His robe off and his blue striped white shirt's arms folded up to the elbows.

"When she came in here, she said, and I quote, She was forced. She could never do this."

"So, they've met before."

"She also mentioned that Gem did this to save Carly's life."

"But how? Did you see her..."

"Except anxiety? Nothing. I need you to do this for me." I handed him the form.

"You need permission to check her flat?"

"Check again." I grinned. He moved his hand and it held two parchments now.

"Both?"

"I'm gonna have to confund my way in. I can't do that in a muggle building..."

"Without the Minister's permission." Harry nodded.

"Yeah."

"I'll push it through."

"Thanks boss." I smirked and he left, waving the parchments.

***

Harry confunded the security guard and he let us in.

"It's not opening with the spell." I sighed.

"Intriguing. Keep an eye out, will you?" Harry hummed, pulling out a little box. He started picking the lock, "You know the problem with arrogant pure bloods?" He mumbled, still working on the locked keyhole.

"They don't know a lock can be picked?" I grinned.

"They don't know a lock can be picked." He finished opening it and straightened, "Muggle mystery."

"Bloody Muggle mystery." I sighed, following him into the flat.

We entered into a small flat with four grey walls, small open kitchen with two black counters, a stove and a fridge and finally a sofa with a fireplace in a corner.

"Cozy." I looked around.

"What are you looking for, Ed?" Harry inhaled a deep breath.

"Her lab. Meaning where she..."

"Right here." Harry called, standing in the kitchen. I walked to him and found the ingredients stored in plain crockery and a pot with dried up stuff in it.

"She cooked it herself?" I sighed.

"No. Gem did." Harry answered, picking up a bag from the floor. It had a wallet. With her Identification in it.

"It's an idea." I nodded.

"Still confirms that they've met. Now, we need to know why Carly's life was in danger." Harry placed the bag on the counter. I nodded and with the thought in my head, I made way to her bedroom in the back. Just as I entered, the grin formed on my lips.