A Peculiar Start

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

When I reached his compartment, he was sitting with a dark haired guy. He grinned at me as I entered.

"Hi, I'm Eddie." I spoke.

"Louis." He answered.

"Pleasure." I grinned.

"How'd it go?" Nigel tapped my shoulder.

"Oh, they've got a meeting with the new Professor."

"Who's that?"

"Some Slughorn, not sure Professor of what."

"Definitely Dark Arts. Umbridge's sacked and suspended now." Louis spoke with a nod.

"I suppose." I whispered looking at the compartment door and Macy passed. She almost paused at my gaze at her but quickly rushed away.

"Did Macy stop... for you?" Nigel spoke smugly. I turned to look at him.

"Wouldn't you like that." I shook my head and Merline jumped in my lap.

This time I was travelling by carriages as well. I headed for them with Nigel and Louis when I saw one leaving with Nancy. She waved at me joyously but only brief because behind her was a stiff blonde girl who avoided to look our way after the first glance.

"Damn, I was hoping to catch that one." Nigel muttered beside me, holding up his bag.

"Where's Louis?" I looked around.

"He got on with his friends."

"You mean your friends?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Why didn't you go?"

"My best mate's riding the carriages for the first time. I wanted to ride with him."

"It was full, wasn't it?"

"Don't be a prat. There wasn't enough space for the two of us."

"Aren't you a pot of gold."

"I know." He grinned.

"Nigel, Ed, join us!" A girl called out.

"I'm thirteen and I'm liking this." Nigel muttered.

"I'm twelve and I'm not." I rolled my eyes, "Come on, I see Neville Longbottom."

"You want to travel with them?" Nigel whispered.

"Yeah. What's wrong with them?" I mocked his accent.

"Would they be okay with us?"

"If they aren't, we don't have a choice. These are the last three carriages. Either we ride with those fan girls, that prat Eugene and his group of hounds or Neville and Luna. I choose Neville and Luna."

He groaned following me and we hopped on the carriage that they sat on.

"Oh, hello, Ed." Luna spoke as I reached them and sat beside her. Nigel was next to me. The carriage hadn't moved and Ginny, Hermione and Ron got on, cramming the carriage.

"Hey guys." Ginny smirked, "We sure are getting a lot of meetings this year, aren't we Ed?"

"Can't seem to get rid of each other." I grinned back and she raised a brow with a chuckle. Ron shook hands with me and Hermione waved at us.

"Where's Harry?" I asked as the carriage moved.

"Didn't you see him?" Hermione asked. Ginny stiffened and looked away, seeming upset. Did they fight?