Boys Are Thick

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Jenna

I walked out, tears stinging my eyes but the hallway was crowded. I knew where to go. I rushed for the library and sat in a corner column of shelves.

I practically whimpered quietly, wondering whether that was the spell that killed Dad. I ran fingers through my hair, wishing I could stop hurting myself so much on this issue and just move on. The one who hurt my father was gone and now he was at peace. Why wasn't I? Why was I so lost in this pit? I was supposed to forget. Like my mum wished I would but... but I didn't. And I never told my mum that.

When, after many tears, I composed myself, I heard a voice that practically jerked me straight.

"He's at perfect liberty to kiss whoever he wants." The girl spoke harshly, not to mention very loudly, "Was i under the impression that him and i would be attending Slughorn's party together? Yes. Now, given the circumstances, I've had to make other arrangements." A thud of books on a shelf followed this outburst.

"Have you?" This voice was familiar.

"Yes, why?" The enraged voice eased a bit.

"Well, i was thinking since neither of us can go with who we'd really like to go with, we could possibly go together. You know, as friends." The familiar voice answered.

"Why didn't I think of that?" The other girl moaned, "Have you seen Harry around?"

I stiffened.

"Hermione I haven't seen him in three weeks. Merlin knows where he is. And honestly, I'm glad. Ugh, Romilda Vane! I can't believe it! Did you know she was trying to smuggle him Amortentia!" The girl was so frustrated. Ginny Weasley! Definitely Ginny Weasley.

"I know." Hermione answered lowly.

"Have you see them?" Ginny spoke, sounding sad. Harry Potter was going out with Romilda Vane. Everyone knew. It was a shock to everyone. I remember Eddie questioning the decision a lot but decided not to talk to him because he didnt find it to be his business.

"No."

It was quiet for a bit. I sniffed and cleaned my face.

"Who are you going with?" Ginny asked Hermione.

"Um, its a surprise." Hermione sighed loudly, "But its you we have to worry about. You cant just take anyone." Her voice was lower. I could only hear because they seemed to be by the shelf that i was leaning on, "See that?" Hermione spoke again.

"Apparently, he's trying to smuggle you love potion." She added. My eyes widened. Who?

"Really?" Ginny asked, surprised.

"Hey!" Hermione hissed, "He's only interested in you because he's lonely."

"But he is... I'm not a lot but a bit." Ginny spoke but there was a paper slap that sound, "Okay, sorry. Kidding." I held my snort, "You're right. I'll find someone. Someone cool." There was quiet then. I sighed, dropping back in my chair and staring at the ceiling. It was nice that these girls had these issues as well, other than fighting battles in the Ministry.

Maybe I would have one too if I would be sane by then. I shut my eyes as more tears spilled.

"Are you alright?" I heard and jumped straight to find the familiar, short curly haired Hermione Granger in front of me.

"Y-Yes." I cleaned my face again.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." I gulped.