Battle The Fear

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Jenna

"What're you doing here?" I heard as the Dummy stared tall and large at me. I twirled back to look and bumped into the dummy watching Eddie standing with his bag. The Dummy made a loud rattling sound and I scrunched straight, hissing at the sound.

"Practicing."

"Practicing what?"

"Well... erm, ever since they attacked Ginny's house, i figured they're closer so, erm, I thought i could learn till the rest returned and won't hold anyone back."

"You aren't holding anyone back. You do you, the rest work on themselves."

"Fine. You do you then." I turned on my heel and bumped into the dummy again.

"Need help there? I can hold your hand." I clenched my jaw.

"I'm fine." I bit out.

"If you say so, Macy."

"It's Jenna."

"I don't like your first name." He teased with hands crossed in front of him.

"I don't like any of your name of being."

"Don't be like that. You know you need me."

"Why would I need you?" I scrunched back.

"To learn."

"Learn what?"

"Protection."

I stiffened.

"Shall I?" He raised his wand.

"N-No. I'm tired." I gulped and headed by the mirror for my bag. He was standing right there with his.

"Why won't you do it, Macy?" He whispered. I gulped the hard ball in my throat.

"I've done it and I'm good at it."

"Then block me." He spoke firmly.

"I... I've got to go."

"Macy." He muttered and I looked up to match his eye, "When..." he released a breath, "Someone told me that fear can only control you, if you let it. Whatever it is, protect yourself from it. That is how you will conjure up the charm. Its a protection. Be it from a curse or yourself." He finished with a light smile and bent near his bag.

"Like you?" I asked with reluctance.

He looked up from his bag and then straightened.

"If I'm here, then yeah. Like me."

He chuckled and walked away with his wand, shrugging off his robe.

"What do you mean?" I asked as the Dummy came to him.

"Means that I'm protecting."

"Yourself."

"And the people I care for. I mean, lets face it, losing loved ones is a nightmare on its own, dont you think?"

For some reason, I had to fight back my smile because those wise words, really came to a sense to me. He was right. If I didn't let my nightmare hurt me anymore, I might be able to protect myself from any that came ahead in my way.

I picked up my bag and left, watching him follow my gaze out of the room. I released a breath as I reached out and the fresh air of Hogwarts blessed my senses.

Eddie

Nigel jumped at me the moment he returned. He dropped his bag in the common room and leapt at a little me who was laying on it, reading a book. I was lucky he didnt break my wand.