Quidditch Malfunction

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

I was hiding behind the staircase, watching my aunt get those men arrested when the presence behind me grew and my throat dried out. I prayed that I was wrong but turned on my toes, to see the man standing. He had glowing eyes and buck teeth.

"I've been looking for you Eddie." He spoke, reaching out for me.

"No. No." I pushed him back and fell on my bottom in the corridor. I started pulling myself back by my hands and dragging my bottom away. My spine hurt but I knew he would do more.

"Where are you going?" He tilted his head, staring as if deeper into me with those creeping eyes, "Going to hide again? Like you did when I killed your mum and dad?"

"No. No." I wanted to fight him but I was utterly paralyzed.

"Stay boy. We will have so much fun."

"No!" I yelled and scrambled around but I couldn't find my bloody wand.

"Are you looking for this?" He waved a stick in my face. I tried to reach for it but he pulled it back and held my throat, "Good boy." He raised his wand, "Now stay still." I shut my eyes, "Crucio-"

"No!" I whispered, waking up and in the dark, I felt like I would choke, so I shuffled and sat up in bed, throwing my blanket off. I was heavily breathing now, unable to catch my breath. Running hands over my face, I stood and bumped my foot into Merline.

"Im sorry." I whispered to her as she stretched awake from her ball. She followed me out and I went for the common room. The fireplace was dead so I turned it on and sat by couch's foot.

Merline curled up beside me.

"What do I do?" I caressed her fur, "I keep messing everything up, Merline." I sniffed, "First that bloody Pettigrew. Then... Macy." I dropped my head back, "Then... I'm of no use to anybody. The D.A's finished. What else can I teach them?" I shut my eyes. Flashes of that nightmare came back and I snapped up with opened eyes again. Pulling out my parchment and book, I started writing down my work.

Defense Against the Dark Arts. I was reading about stuns against magical creatures.

Something wet dropped on my parchment and I threw the quill on the floor along with the parchment, cleaning my face off. Raising my knees, I rested my elbows to support the heels of my palms that stabbed in my eyes.

"You can gouge them out but it won't work." I heard and snapped up to find Nigel standing. I sniffed and ran fingers through my hair.

"What're you doing up?"

"What are you doing up?" He asked.

"Homework."

"You dont do it in the day, you're doing it in the night?"

"Can't fail. Nancy would drag me to the forest."

"Yeah. I hear the same thing." He sat on the couch.

"Yeah."

"Jenna has you down?"

"No." I shook my head, "Just... other things."

"Mate. You said it yourself. They can't hurt you... until you let them."

"I know." I rubbed a hand under my nose. Nigel tapped my shoulder and sat quiet.

"Why do you do this to yourself, Ed?" Nigel sighed, "Everyday, out there, you stand tall. You fight everyone... then... why do you hurt yourself like this?"