The New Apprentice In Town

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Jenna

That evening, I was sitting alone for dinner when a presense grew beside me. I practically flinched at the sight of Ginny Weasley. She was sitting with... me?

"Hi." She smiled.

"Hello." I nodded.

"Everything alright?"

"What... what do you mean?"

"You seem lost. I'm a little late to dinner. Saw you here, thought I'd use a bit of company."

I put a pea in my mouth after nodding along.

Ginny didnt say anything and ate her rice.

"Can I..." I looked at her, wondering if I should ask. Then I thought that it might not hurt to give it a go.

"Yeah?" She looked up, gulping down her bite.

"Why did you become an apprentice?"

She broke a small smile on her lips.

"Dire times. I just wanted to help." She shrugged.

"Werent you worried..." I sighed, "I mean, people die in the tests to become one."

"True." She nodded, "But thats why we are trained or tested. The job isn't easy... so why should the preparation be."

I inhaled a deep breath.

"What did Harry Potter think of it?"

"He was shocked mostly." She chuckled, "But then again, he knew I could help."

"But what about after you two, got together? Didn't he ever express his worry? I mean, that time when you lot came all injured... I was so worried."

"If you mean protective..." She started after a spell, "...then yes. Obnoxiously so. But its something I was asked of. I chose it." She nodded.

"Right." I smiled lowly.

"Why do you ask?" She drank her juice.

"Just common knowledge."

She stared at me curious.

"Well, one thing, you should know about an apprentice."

"Whats that?"

"No one knows loyalty better than them. Be it for their wizard..." She exhaled a breath, "...or the ones they care for."

A knowingness existed in her words but the problem was... I wasn't aware of what she expected me to know.

"Can I ask about Ed?" I asked and she sighed.

"What about him?"

"He seems really beat up. I noticed he was hurt twice now."

"Hmm." She nodded with knit brows, "Well, I don't know."

I bit my lip.

"Dont worry, Jenna. I think we all know that he's capable of taking care of himself."

"I know. But that doesn't mean that he has to, right?"

Ginny's lips bent up in a small smirk and she nodded with a blink.

Eddie

I twisted my neck to rub off the ache in my neck.

"Are you well, Mr. Gideon?" Professor McGonagall asked, standing behind her desk. She still wore her dark green velvet robes but her white hair in a perfect bun, could be seen.