Three Years Later

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

The surroundings were numb. My head ached and I couldn't feel my body.

"Eddie, wake up. Eddie." I could hear the distant yell, "Damn, Ed, get up!" I loud jerk to me. No movement.

"Is he breathing?" Another faint sound.

"Yeah." The first voice answered.

"Carry him out! He'll die!" The other voice roared. I wanted to wake up but I couldn't. When I tried, the world swirled and I felt like I would throw up. I hummed in frustration but to no expensive.

"I got you, Ed. I got you." The whisper was familiar. I could feel my mouth full and throat tight, "Stay with me. Stay with me, mate."

Just then, the ease that was coming soon sounded away in a loud blast. The support holding me was gone and I was back in an oblivion that slapped all of my body harshly.

"Hmm." I pushed myself up on what I thought could be my arm. Finding my face in the dark I rubbed it, "Come on." I mumbled and finally a dark space came to view. I knew I was seeing now because a bit of light was reflecting in the smoke. Pushing myself up, I stumbled but managed to walk.

"Louis!" I called out, "Louis!" I yelled again. Suddenly, a hand came out of the smoke and held my shirt before pulling me through and now I stood in the clearing, staring at the trees around.

"You alright there?" I heard and looked beside me to find Louis standing with messy hair.

"Yeah. You?" I read the blood under his nose.

"I think so." He blinked.

"Ambushed, weren't we?" I gulped.

"Ten, at least." He shook his head.

"Where's Barnsite? Claudia? Caleb?" I asked, "Nancy?" I pressed a hand on his shoulder, "Miranda?"

"I can't find them. I can't find any of them. We need to lift this smoke. They set it up to separate us." He gulped. I nodded and raised my wand.

"Ready?" I gulped. He nodded.

"Finite... Incantatum." We waved in the sky and the smoke started lifting.

"Split?" I looked at him.

"Stay alive." He nodded.

"That's the plan."

And we parted. The smoke was lifting and I ignited my wand.

Suddenly, I heard a patter and turned to shoot, only to find Nancy waving her hands.

"Nance, you alright?" I asked as she ran a hand on her tightly tied hair. Her forehead had a bruise and bottom lip, slightly red.

"Yeah. I got separated from Miranda." She gulped.

"It's okay. Stay with me. Louis is around. Have you seen the others?"

"No. Ed, we're outnumbered. Who even gave us the case?" She walked behind me.

"We got a tip. A girl being chased." I gulped.

"Harry and Ron weren't in office so Robards sent us out."

"Can Robards even do that?"

"He's not replaced yet, Nancy. Harry is just filling in."

"I know. Merlin. We need to find everybody." She muttered.