January Tenth

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

"I don't bloody get it!" Harry practically yelled, surprising me. He dropped on the couch beside me, watching the fire cackle.

"What's so difficult about this?"

"She doesn't tell me anything! She will die one day and all I will do is sit in this castle." Harry spoke, enraged. Ron and Hermione stared at us in discomfort.

"Harry, she's got a job. I'm sure if she could, she would tell you."

Harry sat with tiredness on his face and hands cupped in front of his mouth.

"Whats the harm in telling me?" He shook his head.

"You'll follow her. Any of us will. That's why Dumbledore might not want you to know." Hermione reasoned.

"Yeah, well... she's using my face to do something and I'd like to know what." Harry ran a hand through his hair.

"Wait, your face?" Hermione questioned.

"Yeah. She plucked my hair out, so I'm guessing thats her plan."

"What could she possibly get from using your face?" I muttered and he shook his head, looking at me. We all sat quiet for a bit and I decided to leave. Maybe they had things to discuss without me around, so I bid them goodnight and went up.

I couldnt sleep however and about around one I heard steps in the boys dormitories. I supposed that Harry and Ron were going up to their dormitories now.

I hoped she was alright because I was going to ask about this polyjuice incident. Any hint she could drop. Maybe she found a group of death eaters and didn't want to give up her identity. Harry Potter's presense might've seemed normal, atleast normal than Ginny's.

***

I got out of my dorm early at sunrise and changed, hoping the catch her at Breakfast. It seemed that the entire girls' dormitories had come down but I didn't see Ginny or Hermione.

"Hey, Harry!" I caught him with Ron.

"Hey, Eddiiie-" Ron got dragged away by Lavender Brown and was very uncomfortable by that development.

"There goes my partner for Breakfast. Join me, will you?"

"Im just waiting on Nigel." I gulped. He nodded, "I wanted to ask. Did she come back?"

"Yeah. Around two."

"And?"

"And nothing. The woman was quiet and frankly refused any answers."

"Harry, you can't do this while being mad at her. I wanted to ask her but I'm pretty sure I won't get anything out of her."

"Are you sure? I think she likes you more than me."

"Thats not true. She's your best friend."

"Yeah. That." Harry looked at his toes and I felt confused.

"Maybe approach her when she is calm and ready to speak."

"Im taking advice from a twelve years old. Maybe I am thick."

"Ouch. And yes."

He snickered.

"Sorry. You're wiser than your age."

"Its been known to happen." I shrugged.

"When's your next meeting?" He asked with squinted eyes.