Welcome To Gryffindor

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

As the train came to a stop, I found Nigel in our compartment, dressed in Hogwarts dark robes, the only difference being that he wore an orange and red striped tie and instead of the Hogwarts coat of arms on his robe was a roaring golden-orange lion on a red shield. Gryffindor robes.

"Ah, I'm afraid we can't ride to school together. I take the carriages this year and you get to take the once only boat ride to school." Nigel grinned.

"Felt like a big boy there, did you?" I raised a brow.

"I really did." He chuckled and I shook my head, following him out. My bag was gone with my luggage so I headed out and bid Nigel farewell as he went in the opposite direction from me. The one I took though was to a small man with a half bald head but the hair that started on his head came to below his chest. They were thin and his big nose and crooked teeth, didn't really help.

"Come on, now. First years, this way." I ran a hand through my hair and followed him. His voice was rough as if the man really needed to clear his throat but that was impossible for his small neck. "I'm Filch." He spoke as we followed him down to a beautiful lake, set up with small wooden boats by the shore. I caught a glimpse of the golden haired girl with that Nancy girl but they disappeared behind the crowd once more, "Go on, get in." He waved, annoyed, towards the lake. When I passed him, I caught eye of the black cat with red eyes in his arms. I avoided eye contact with that thing and headed for the boats. I took one with a dirty blonde haired guy who was quite and staring at the lit up castle with fascination. I focused my attention from the boats floating across the lake without being rowed by anything to the sublimely beautiful castle. When we reached, I exhaled a loud breath and followed that Filch guy up the stairs in the fire lamps lit hall. As we reached the top of the large staircase in front of two large doors, I was now standing with a crowd of new students in front of a witch in black robes, wearing a pointy hat on top. She was old but still very prim and fit for one.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." The woman spoke in her heavy yet squeaky voice, "In a moment, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates, but before you do that, you will be sorted into your house. They're Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin." I shrugged, "Now, while you're here, these houses will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn your points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points, will be awarded the House Cup." She sighed and inhaled a deep breath, "Sorting ceremony will begin soon." She added and then turned to leave. Murmurs ran about and I was playing with my fingers. Hufflepuff seemed like my best bet. Soon, the woman came back and asked us to follow her through the doors. As we entered, I checked the ceiling immediately because of all I'd heard of it from mum, dad and Aunt. It was exactly what they said but it was even more enchanting. Candles floated in a cloudy night sky and then when I looked at the tables, I passed a sight of a singled out Harry Potter and Ginny. Students looked at him with a grim expression but Ginny bumped her shoulder to his and he shook his head, smiling as well. Soon, we reached the stage where a hat sat on a stool. Behind it was a long table of teachers sitting in. I recognized Albus Dumbledore sitting, who once glanced at the pink dressed woman, smiling way too much.

"When I call your name, you should come forth and I will place the sorting hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses."

She said a long list of names and then finally...

"Gideon, Eddie." She spoke.

I exhaled a loud breath and went up. Sitting on the stool, I felt the hat come on my head. It said nothing for a second until...