D.A Back Up

Fanfiction Inspired by J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

Eddie

I marched straight over to Neville and slid in beside him. When he looked at me, I winced at the sight of the bruised cheek.

"What happened to you?"

"Punched by Amycus." He shook his head.

"Yeah, he's a pain, isn't he?"

He nodded.

"Can you meet me in the common room? Around 11?" I asked. He looked around and then nodded. I returned the gesture and stayed seated beside him. Getting up again would attract too much attention and I could meet my friends later.

I could sit with... Macy at dinner.

***

Neville waited till eleven by the fireplace, exactly till eleven.

"Well?" He asked. It was just him and I in the room.

"D.A."

"What?" Neville raised brows, "We should restart the D.A."

"I know. I've already spread the word." He smirked, "I knew we'd need it this year. Since Harry, Ron and Hermione didn't show this year, it's only valid that we do what we can from here."

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Will you get your team in as well? All that group from last year."

"Of course. When's the first meet?"

"I've thought to set them up every Thursday and Tuesday, eight sharp. After curfew." He inhaled a deep breath.

"Sounds reasonable." I gulped.

"Yeah. I figured we don't have Hermione's coins this year so might have a fix time."

"They're all going to come." I spoke, confirming the idea.

"I believe so. Luna thinks so as well."

"Honestly didn't think things would spiral down so fast, so soon." I played with my fingers.

"I've been here seven years. I think I've been waiting now." He chuckled.

"Really?"

"Don't get me wrong. I should be terrified. In fact, I was. For a while but after the D.A... guess we all grew up after that."

"All because of Harry... and Dumbledore."

"Yeah." He spoke, lost in a thought.

"It's the end." I shook my head.

"Not until we know that Harry's dead too."

"Too? So you think that Ginny's..."

"No, mostly. But... no one's heard from her. Not even Harry I'm sure."

"You don't know that."

"I hope I'm wrong. Believe me." He sighed.

***

The DA walked the dim Room of Requirements. First meet. They were all quiet. Murmured very little and otherwise stared at us. Neville stood tall, with Luna on one side and me on the other.

"Alright." Neville cleared his throat, "Most of you know that Harry Potter didn't make it to Hogwarts this year."

A hand rose and it was a Ravenclaw student.

"Is he... dead?" He asked after a sigh.

"No." I answered.

"How do you know?"