Chapter 51 - Back Together Again

Coincidentally, Blazes team were heading to the exact same location as Sonics, both with the same task in mind as well. Little did either squad know that a full reunion was just moments away from happening. Being fortunate enough to not having to worry about Infinite, Blazes squad found themselves in Empire City while Sonic and his team were still miles away from the action, but his assistance couldn't come any sooner as there were a surprising amount of androids inhabiting the metropolitan haven. Death Egg robots, Arachnomechs, Colossals, you name it.

"Agh! There's just too many!" Charmy had complained as he was swarmed in the skies by several flying androids.

"I wasn't expecting this many robots to be here either!" said Vector. "But we gotta continue fighting no matter what!"

Charmy took the incentive from Vector which pushed him to double his efforts, allowing him to swiftly eliminate the aerial opposition he was once nearly hopeless against. Charmy was still very young compared to his comrades, besides Blaze and Tangle, and he wasn't quite the experienced fighter so motivation proved to be the key to success for him whenever he had found himself in dire peril.

As for someone like Vector and Espio, they are two war hardened veterans who know the ins and outs of battle. Having took part in many dangerous conflicts in the past, not to mention the extensive training they've had over the years as well, they were hardly intimidated by mere mindless robots. But the two of them were optimistic that Charmy would continue to follow in their footsteps and become a much deadlier warrior the more he grew up.

Throughout the battle, the Alliance did slip up a couple times, like when Chaotix stuggled to take down a towering Death Egg Robot for a few minutes, but regardless, the battle seemed to be going pretty smoothly. Issue is, however, the quantity of robots was just too much for them to keep track of. It had almost seemed as if androids just kept respawning like they were stuck in some sort of video game. They needed Sonics assistance, and they would need it fast if they were to cut down on these overwhelming numbers.

"Oh my Chaos, they just don't stop coming!" panted Tangle as she swatted a small handful of bots away with her tail. "How many are there?"

"Too damn many to count, that's for sure!" replied Blaze, wiping sweat beads off her forehead with the back of her hand. "Whisper's surveying the city from above, I suppose that she could give you the best answer."

Taking Blazes response into account, Tangle used her tail as a grappling hook to fling herself up to the top of a tall building where Whisper could be seen sniping the androids below.

"Howdy, Whisper!" The canine marksman was immediately annoyed by Tangles boisterous presence but nevertheless, she kept her eyes focused on the task at hand.

"Boy, that sure is a lot of androids!" said Tangle, observing thr battlefield and further agitating Whisper.

"Stay. Away." growled Whisper through her gritted teeth. "Let me focus."

"Sorry, I was jus' trying to see how many robots we were dealing with here."

"Well, you don't have to be so annoying about it, now get out of here!"

"Alright, alright. I can take a hint. I'll leave you to...it..."

Tangle soon noticed a familiar blue figure approaching the city from a far distance. At first, it didn't look like much but as soon as she could make it out, she gleefully cheered with excitement. At first, this angered Whisper to the point where she was about to retaliate against Tangle until she too saw the same person Tangle had just taken notice of.

"Is that...is that who I think it is?"

"You're goddamn right it is! Now if you'll excuse me, I'mma go and greet our little blue friend. Who knows how much he's missed us."