Chapter 70 - They Don't Stop Coming...

Things were just getting wrapped up in Metropolis. Somehow, someway, Metal Sonic and Emerl were taken care of in just a few seconds. And this whole armada, one that had initially left the Alliance shaking in paralyzing fear, was torn to pieces with just a few casualties to count for. But with that being said, there were still quite a few androids romaing around the city, most of them being of the highest ranks as the Imperial cannon fodder had already been dispatched by this point.

Fed up with the constant brawling and assuming it'll all end following this conflict, everyone in the Alliance formed up and ruthlessly plowed through the remnants of the mechanical blockade. All but a few had remained but almost every single currently functioning android were among the heavy classes. The plan was to have the stronger Allies take on the larger mechs while the lesser soldiers took care of the infantry unit scraps below. This allowed the Alliance to quickly and efficiently eliminate the remaining hostiles while simultaneously keeping the casualties at a low rate.

"How ya holding up, Blaze?" wondered Amy as she kept herself occupied with a colossal, Blaze being busy with an Arachnomech.

"Not bad, I should have this big guy taken care of pretty soon. Word of advice; always remember to say the word if you need some assistance."

"Like I'd ever forget to do that." chuckled Amy as she brutalized the colossal in front of her.

Blaze gave a warm grin as a response and continued with her endeavors after the two broke from their call. Blaze targeted the Arachnomechs legs with her pyrokinesis, the intent was to hopefully melt its legs to the point where it couldn't move any further. After enough napalm was dealt, the mech could no longer stand on its legs. Its circuitry and hull had been melted so badly that the mechs legs could no longer support its giant head, forcing it to become detatched and collapse onto the ground where Blaze finished it off with a ground pound attack.

Following her small victory, Blaze attempted to try and catch her breath. Having to maneuver around the battlefield to prevent getting stomped on, Blaze had grown more exhausted than she already had been. Before she could try and wipe the sweat pouring off her face, a few more androids launched an attack on the overexerted feline. Or, tried to at least. Being able to detect their intent immediately before a heartbreaking circumstance arose, Blaze leaped upward and slammed her fists on the small group of androids, only tiring her out even further.

With nearly all of her energy drained, Blaze was forced onto her hands and knees while slowly losing the ability to continue onward. But on the bright side, there weren't any androids around her so maybe now she could try and revive her depleted stamina. But her misfortune only seemed to continue as Blaze looked over to notice Amy in serious trouble. Or maybe 'serious trouble' was just putting it lightly. The pink hedgehog had been knocked to the ground while four collosals towered over her on all sides. And since her hammer was behind one of them, she couldn't rely on that either. A miracle would be the only thing she could rely on now.

And her miracle was delivered in the form of a furious, blazing cat. No longer caring about her crippling fatigue, Blaze unhesitatingly came to Amys aid, easily wiping out each of the four androids that surrounded her. Blaze exhaled and started panting heavily as her pink friend watched with great worry.

"Are you...are..." Blaze continued huffing and puffing, hardly able to speak coherently through her heavy breathing.

"Yes, Blaze, I'm alright. Thank you." Amy expedited Blazes question. "The question is...are you alright? You're close to hyperventilating, sweat's pouring off of you like rain, you can barely speak..."

"I'm fine, trust me. I'm just exhausted." assured Blaze as she held out her hand, inviting Amy to latch onto it in order to help herself up. "I don't think I've ever exerted myself this much before.