Chapter 39 - A Mystifying Discovery

The long awaited reformation of the Alliance has finally begun, though this little band of old friends only reunited through sheer dumb luck and everyone on board the shuttle knew that their luck wasn't going to last forever and that they would have to continue fighting back if they were to find the rest of the Alliance. And most of the crew on board were confident in their attempts to do so.

"It's getting kinda rough out there." said Cream as she observed the dark night sky as a storm was currently brewing and slight thunder could be heard in the distance.

"Luckily we're all couped up in here and won't have to worry about getting all wet." giggled Big.

"Yeah, but we do have to worry about a little thing called claustrophobia." complained Amy as she was scrunched up between Big and the wall.

"I'm sorry, there's no room in this shuttle! You're just gonna have to deal." said Big with a smug tone while crossing his arms.

"Whatever." scoffee Amy. "At least now, I have all this rage bottled up inside of me, and I feel sooo sorry for the first hunk of junk I lay my eyes on."

After hearing what Amy has just said, Big slightly moves a bit away from Amy to prevent her from totally losing her cool. The shuttle they were riding in was designed to carry six passengers along with a pilot in the front cockpit, there were currently nine people on board, including Big, who stood at a lengthy 6 and a half feet and weighed around 320 Ibs. Needless to say, there was next to room to sit comfortably on that shuttle.

And since Big moved to his left a little bit, he was now pressing Cream against the wall.

"No! Stop it Mr. Big!" exclaimed Cream who began feeling uber uncomfortable, especially taking the thunderstorm into consideration as well. She then began to pinch Big, hoping that he'd move away from her but her tiny fingers could hardly pierce the heavy set of fur that Big had on.

"What are you--" wondered Big, thinking that Creams pitiful attempts to pinch him felt like a tiny, microscopic bug was on him.

"Move!" yelled Cream directly into Bigs ear.

"Oh alright, fine, just don't get loud with me." said Big as he began moving back towards Amy.

"Don't even think about it." warned Amy immediately.

Big gave several very deep and very long sighs that became a quick annoyance to everyone on board.

"Alright! Alright!" snapped Wave. "Before we all go crazy and start killing each other, let's try to remember that this is the first time we're all seeing each other. So could y'all just like...calm down please until we can find a place to land?"

"Yes." said Cream, Big and Amy in unison.

"Now...Jet, do you know where we're even going?" asked Wave.

"I have a gut feeling that Eggman has his crib set up in Metropolis. It is the largest city on the planet, so it makes sense in a way." responded Jet.

"Just make sure we get there safe, alright?" said Wave with concern.

"Don't worry, this is an Imperial shuttle, we'll slip right past 'em all without 'em even knowing it's us inside." postured Jet.

After a few more minutes of flying, Tails notices something strange on the radar. And since he was unfamiliar with the technology within these shuttles, he wasn't sure what the radar was picking up.

"Hey guys, what's that on the radar?" said Tails as he pointed out the strange reading on the radar.

"It's probably nothing." replied Knuckles.