Chapter 7 - The Oncoming War

The four jumped through the portal just as the island completely collapsed into the water below. And with them were the seven Chaos Emeralds, as well as the shards of the Master Emerald. Knuckles simply couldn't keep up with the brutal power the four exhibited during their battle, and ultimately, Knuckles not only lost the Emeralds, but he lost the island that housed them as well. It seemed as if a grave threat was looming and could strike the heart of Mobius at any given moment. Knuckles truly didn't know what was happening but he started to fear for the worst.

"Maybe Eggman really did escape," he thought to himself as he slowly drifted away on a rock for several hours, "maybe it's somebody else. Maybe those two skunks repaired Metal Sonic and Emerl and wanted the Chaos Emeralds for themselves? Nah, that doesn't seem plausible, those two skunks were complete morons."

He began to wonder about many more things as he floated across the huge ocean. Does Sonic know about this? If Eggman was behind this, how the hell did he escape? Additionally, what is the bastard planning? Am I going to die alone on this rock? Will I ever make it back to land? Knuckles fell right back asleep, praying that either somebody finds him, or he finds land somewhere.

Meanwhile, the four who pillaged Angel Island return to Eggman's base, carrying the powerful stones Eggman needed to power his brand new army. Eggman and Starline anticipate that their new army will become the biggest threat Sonic and his friends have ever faced, and that Eggman can finally achieve some sort of success in his conquests. He had hardly experienced the sweet taste of victory, but he had felt that this time would be different. Mobius would be under his complete control, Sonic would be deceased, and the Eggman Empire would pose a threat to the entire universe and his empire would only expand from there.

Metal Sonic presented the shards of the Master Emerald to Eggman, "I sinscerely apologize Doctor, I destroyed the Master Emerald out of sheer desperation and recklessness."

Eggman curled his lip, "Well you're not the only one who did things recklessly." he whispered. "Anyway, the Master Emerald can repair itself, so it should be back to normal in no time. But as long as we got the Chaos Emeralds, we should be a-okay for now. But when the Master Emerald is all fixed up, our power will only multiply and there will be no one to stop us then."

"Very good Master," said Dr. Starline, "the Emeralds will not only maximize our military's power, but they will also increase the rate of production by quite the margin. Whenever Sonic or one of his puny friends defeat one of our androids, 10 more will come his way."

Dr. Eggman gave an evil grin, "Well, let's get to work then. No time to waste, right?"

"Did you find anything super cool while we were kicking ass?" asked Rough.

"As a matter of fact, Rough," replied Eggman while posturing in a grand manner, "we did. Me and Starline took a look throughout the base and we discovered so many unused machines that would be perfect for this invasion. So many machines I've forgotten all about, and I am more than eager to unleash them onto this pitiful planet."

The two began working on their soon to be massive army of deadly androids. With Knuckles presumably dead and the entire planet under the impression that Eggman was imprisioned, production would go smooth and quick, with very limited distraction.  Him and Starline began firing up all of the machines that would mass produce the many threatening androids. And with the help of the Chaos Emeralds, production would vastly inscrease, making several androids fly off the conveyors in seconds rather than minutes.

Instead of being powered by animals like the Badniks were, the power for these androids come straight from the chaotic energy of the Emeralds, obviously making them much more powerful.

Starline had brought up the idea of making various classes, instead of making every android the same in order to avoid predictability and to utilize various forms of combat since Sonic's friends each have their own unique traits.

6 different types of units were considered. Saboteur units would be the most common type of androids. They are your typical ground units, weilding two huge blades in place of hands. LIU, land infantry units, weild a powerful lazer rifle and two pistols. Sniper units are pretty self explanatory. Skyhawk's have the ability to fly via sharp, triangular shaped wings. MTU, mass transport units carry and transport several units at a time and also deliver explosives and heavy artillery. And finally, Tankers are the heavy units. Weilding heavy explosive weaponry and brute strength to plow through their enemies.

And with the incredibly fast rate of production, Eggman would be ready to unleash his newfound power onto the world within a matter of mere hours. Starline began to map out several locations across Mobius to attack and they began planning how they were going to take control over Mobius. It won't be long.

"Where do we attack first, master?" asked Starline, "I reccomend we attack a smaller village first as a bit of a test, to see just how powerful our army is before we actually move forward with our plans."

"I was thinking the same thing," replied Eggman, "but there are a couple of flaws with that idea. If we attack a small, remote village first, Sonic and the others will most likely know about it and will began to prepare for the next attack. Whatever we do, they will be ready for it, and I can't allow that to happen. Besides, I know for a fact that G.U.N. have found out about my disappearance and are undoubtedly on the lookout for old me, so we better act fast."

Starline nodded in agreement, "That's quite understandable. And I could use the Warp Topaz to instantly transport several units across Mobius all at once. If we combine the Chaos Emeralds' power with the Warp Topaz, we can open multiple portals, all at once."

Eggman looked up at Starline and gave an awkwardly big smile, "That's exactly what I was thinking. Have one portal open for Empire City, another open for Sunset City, another open for Station Square, etcetera, etcetera."

"Yes," sneered Dr. Starline in a menacing manner, "tens of thousands of androids will ravage Mobius all simultaneously. If everything goes according to plan, Sonic is as good as dead, and so is his precious planet."