Chapter 52 - Next Course of Action

All the pieces began to fall into place. Finally, after countless months of facing unspeakable torment at the hands of Eggman's greatest triumph to date, the Alliance were finally in the midst of turning the tide. The very thought of orchestrating a victorious assault on the Empire had now become much more plausible thanks to the long awaited reunion of the Alliance, just simply being together again had given the entire planet more hope than they've ever had prior to the beginning of the war. Feelings of unrelenting misery, some would even go so far as to say hopelessness, had nearly been lifted off of everybody's shoulders. The pain, the pressure, the anxiety. Almost all of it was gone. Something like Sonics mere presence may seem miniscule on the surface, but so many people count of him, and have counted on him time and time again, and will continue to count on him as long as any sort of threat dares to rear its ugly head toward Mobius. He was their hero.

And while the feeling of their reunion was more than comforting, Sonic and the others never veered away from realism. They knew that this nameless monster was threatening in a way in which they've never faced before, allowing pure optimism to cloud their judgement and leave them unprepared would be devastating. In order to defeat this Infinite character, it would require their full attention as well as the fullest exertion of their powers. But just brawn and focus simply wouldn't cut it either, something that'd prove to be more beneficial than the both of those would be a well thought out strategy prior to their battle. Infinite proved to be much smarter than the average villain who would typically use overwhelming strength as their only tactic, disregarding any sort of strategy and quickly facing defeat as a result the moment Sonic or the others would predict their basic attack patterns and thought process.

With the exception of a regrettable mistake where he underestimated Gadgets strength and will, Infinite was a cunning and tactical villain, with great intellect regarding the battle and how he would use the tools at his disposal to achieve victory in the best way he could. Prior to the Ruby's manifestation of his physical body, he was a General who served under G.U.N.'s military branch and have lead his platoon to several swift victories in the past. So having all of this in mind, Sonic and the rest of the Alliance had to think of a fool proof plan that could potentially outsmart, outmatch Infinite and lead to his demise. Only then will the war be won.

"So...let me be the first to say...it's nice to see you all again!" Sonic decided to break the ice with a friendly remark before inevitability approaching the subject regarding Infinite. "Damn, even after everything we've been through these past few...oh, I don't know, you're all still so pretty."

"Why thank you, Sonic." said Silver with a sassy hand wave, clearly appreciating Sonics comments, even if they were sarcastic.

"Yes, it is wonderful to see all of you guys again...BUT!"

The others leaned in with great interest.

"Everybody and their mother knows about this...this guy who's been wreaking havoc all across Mobius. Killing and burning everything in sight, leaving no one alive, all that villanous drab. Well I say it's time to put and end to all of this misery! Now, from what I could gather during my brief encounter with this dude, he possesses powers like no other! So we'll need a plan, an elaborate one with a blueprint and everything in order to beat him. Tails! Didn't you invent some sort of weapon that would disable his little Ruby?"

Tails swallowed a huge lump in his throat, growing a flustered expression and averting his eyes away from Sonic in the process. He had felt himself growing smaller and smaller, almost sinking into the shadows of his surrounding companions at the hands of his own humiliation. He was missing a major component that would play into Infinite's downfall. Had Sonic not have brought it up just now, Tails would've forgotten about it entirely, which isn't normal for him. His mind was just too distracted, its fixations were left stuck on the satisfaction of the Alliances reunion. He was so happy that nothing else really crossed his mind until Sonic had mentioned it, and he felt like a moron as a result.