Chapter 11 - Another Great War

The battle had raged on all throughout the afternoon and into the evening. The staggering number of relentless androids proved tiresome for the brave fighters of the Alliance, who, after being ambushed and unprepared for battle, were on the cusp of a miraculous victory. The day started off with an invasion like no other, but by the evening, Central City would be freed from the Empire's control.

After Cream and her two Chao defeated the androids who attacked her village, she was immediately met with another challenge as more androids emerged from the forest nearby. Her, Cheese and Chocola got ready to take on the aforementioned androids and protect the ones they love.

"Everyone," ordered Cream, "unless you can fight, get inside your houses and protect yourselves at all costs! Barricade your doors! Arm yourselves if you have to! Just try and stay safe while me and my Chao take care of these clankers. Unless of course...you're brave enough to join me in battle."

Everybody was shocked by Cream's impressive tenacity. Some of her neighbours even inclined to help Cream battle the vicious androids attacking their beautiful village.

"Wow Cream, I'm impressed." said Vanilla who was amazed to see her young daughter act so courageous, "You go save our village."

Cream gave her mother an acknowledging nod, "Anybody care to join me? I can't do this by myself after all."

A few of the villagers decided to rise up to the challenge and join Cream in battle. "Alright, let's get going then! No time to waste", ordered Cream as her and the brave villagers charged towards the mob of androids.

Meanwhile, in the heart of Central City, the battle is closely coming to a close, with the Alliance seemingly about to come out on top. The hours of brutal fighting was almost over...for now.

Blaze created a wave of fire that destroyed a small group of saboteurs before turning to Silver, who was busy with a colossal tanker, a variant of the tanker unit that wields several substantial upgrades including strength, range for their spear attack, and overall size. But with that, their attacks were much slower.

"Could use some help up here."  exclaimed Silver in desperation as a spear swatted Silver into a nearby building.

Blaze flew up to strike the machine with a few of her fireballs, which proved useless thanks to the tanker's heavy suit of armor. A spear then spiked Blaze into the ground and the tanker was ready to strike her as she was seemingly defenseless. Blaze was able to grab the spear as it came an inch away from her midsection. She then emitted some small flames which traveled up its spear and eventually up to its shoulder which caused it to explode. Blaze then flew upwards and began to shoot huge flames into the gaping hole in where the tankers' left shoulder once was, which fried its circuits and hardware, ultimately destroying it.

The defeated tanker began to tip over and fall backwards, right where Big the Cat was busy with his own battles. Blaze swiftly flew down and scooped up Big before the tanker could fall on top of him. And instead, it fell on all of the androids Big was fighting.

"Thanks for that Blaze." said Big who bowed to his saviour, "Us cats gotta always look out for each other."

"I second that." agreed Blaze as she flew away to find Silver.

Silver was sent through a nearby shop and was mildly damaged because of it. As he struggled to get up, two saboteurs appraoched him and were ready to strike the injured hedgehog. Blaze grabbed the two androids and smashed their heads together, destroying the both of them.

Blaze held out her hand to help Silver up to his feet. "Thanks for the assist...twice. That's two I owe ya I guess."

Blaze giggled, "Let's worry about who owes what later, we've got a battle to win here."