Chapter fifty-four

After that traumatic battle it was announced that a break was required in order to clean up the arena for the next match, so instead you accompanied Uraraka, Iida, and Tsu to visit Izuku quickly before your match. You would probably have to book it back, but you figured you could make it in time. Also you needed some kind of distraction in order to keep yourself sane. 

     "That match was crazy! No wonder Deku breaks his bones whenever he uses his quirk." Uraraka exclaimed as your group ran towards the infirmary. She seemed to be slowly recovering from her loss, which was good.

     "Yeah, it's kind of incredible how much effort everyone is putting in." You huffed. "I really hope he's doing ok." 

     "Yes, his injuries looked quite extensive. There's the door!" Iida and the rest of the group practically busted through the door. 

     "Midoriya!" Everyone cried in unison. There was a man already visiting him who was sitting in a chair that he almost jumped out of. 

     "You scared the crap out of me." He turned around to look at your group and you froze. There was no way, you immediately thought as you realized who it was. There was no way you were this unlucky. It was the homeless guy from the beach! The guy you took a picture of on the bus! And he was visiting Izuku. Did they know each other?

     "Are you okay?" Uraraka ran up to Izuku before noticing the man. "Oh, it's nice to meet you, sir."

     "Uh, yeah." Was all he said. You prayed that he wouldn't recognize you, but you knew he did from the look on his face. This had to be some funky nightmare. What is life. 

     "He's in no state for visitors." Recovery Girl criticized you, and she was probably right. You finally turned to look at your friend, and he looked pretty bad. 

     "Hey, you guys. Shouldn't you be watching the matches?" He asked weakly. You hoped Recovery Girl gave him some kind of pain medicine. 

     "The stage was far to damaged. They're taking a quick break to repair it now." Iida explained to him. 

     "Yeah, you guys were insane. I'm surprised Todoroki just walked away from that." You said, unfortunately drawing attention to yourself. You could feel the heat on your face. 

"Way to make him feel better, Y/n." Tsu said. Your face got worse. 

     "You're much too noisy. I know you're worried, but I've got to focus on surgery now." Recovery Girl held up her small arms and began herding you towards the door. 

     "Surgery?" Your friends asked with heightened concern. 

     "Go on. Get out of here." 

     "But—" Uraraka started to object. 

     "Will his wounds be healed?" Iida asked fervently. 

     "Don't worry, just leave me to it." Recovery Girl managed to back your group out into the hallway so she could shut the door behind her. "The boy will be fine. Take his injuries as a lesson, don't do it to yourselves. Kids these days, hmph. Reckless. Now go!" 

"I guess we should get Y/n to her battle, kero. She should probably be preparing." Tsu said once it was established that Recovery Girl wasn't going to let you back into the door. 

"Ugh, don't remind me! I keep getting so nervous." You grumbled. Uraraka turned towards you. 

"I think you'll do great! Probably better than I did." She tried to lift your spirits as you began slowly making your way back to the arena. 

"Well, that's not true. You did amazing! I highly doubt I'll win if I fight Bakugo. I'm barely controlling part of my quirk as it is." You admitted aloud. You still felt like you hadn't shown everyone exactly what you were capable of. Hell, you weren't sure what you were capable of yourself. 

"Yeah, what's with that, kero? Aizawa said you changed your quirk registration two weeks ago." Tsu asked and you cringed. Oh well, it was bound to happen eventually. 

"I did. It's... kinda embarrassing but I really didn't know the extant of my abilities until recently." 

"That's kind of like Midoriya! He used to be quirkless." Iida said and you perked up. 

"Really? Huh, maybe I should ask him for advice sometime." You said. It was crazy how little you actually knew about some of your friends. "Hey, you guys should go back to the stands. I can handle myself." 

"Are you sure? You seem awfully nervous." Uraraka stopped you. 

"Nervous? Me? Never." You tried to feign confidence and failed. 

"You just said that you were indeed, nervous. I'm afraid no one is falling for your lies." Iida said. "As the class 1-A representative, it is my responsibility to make sure you arrive to your match on time, and ready for a fight!"

"I'm going too!" Uraraka exclaimed. "You supported me before my last match, and I want to return the favour." 

     "I noticed how nervous you've been all day, so I'll be coming to." Tsu added. 

     "Don't make me cry!" You sniffed. "You guys can come, but only if you really want to." They all nodded enthusiastically. "Alrighty then, let's go!"

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

     "All Might, wait." Izuku tried to reach out to his teacher from his hospital bed and failed. Recovery Girl had just given him an anesthetic and he was soon to fall unconscious. "How did you know?" 

"How did I know what, Young Midoriya?" The deflated hero asked his student. 

     "About Y/n's quirk. You told me to—." 

"Why are you still talking to him? He needs to go into surgery now." Recovery Girl interrupted the weak conversation. "Shoo!"

"I'll talk to you about it later, Young Midoriya, but I might not be able to give you the answers you're looking for." All Might said as Izuku vision faded to black. "We'll talk later."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

A/n: I'm soooo sorry, I was hit in the face by writer's block! I genuinely had no idea what was going to happen next for a hot minute. But I'm back! I made it out alive. Don't forget to drink water guys, bye.