Chapter fifty-one

"My throat hurts so bad!" Pau wheezed from his seat at the very tip top of the stadium. He even winced as he spoke. 

"Your throat hurts? My ears hurt, Pau." Kawa complained from her spot beside of him. "You know your voice is going to be completely gone by the end of this, right?" Pau nodded silently. 

"It looks like Y/n's next opponent is named Shiozaki, from that other class." Gram commented while looking down at the ongoing battle. Shiozaki versus Hatsume didn't last long, especially since Shiozaki turned down the opportunity to use the girl's gadgets. "Y/n should be able to plant bend her hair." 

"Oh yeah, I'm not worried about her. I am worried about Todoroki though." Pau croaked. 

"Todoroki really does seem to get under her skin, doesn't he? Do you think she has a crush?" Kawa wondered aloud. Pau shrugged.

"Probably? He looks like he could pull the girls." Pau paused. "And the guys." 

"It's always the pretty boys." Kawa sighed. "Who knows, maybe they'll end up liking each other?"

"The real question is, does she want Endeavor as her father in law?" Gram shook her head. "Strict pro-hero families aren't something I would want her to have to deal with."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

     "I told you so!" The man took a smug sip from his teacup. He looked over at Dahlia, who refused to return his gaze. 

"I never said she wasn't the Avatar. I asked you to curb your expectations." She replied dully. The young woman with short red hair jumped up. 

"Oh come on, Dahlia. You know dad has good instincts." She elbowed the man and winked 

"That I do, Shiho. I wonder if All Might knew beforehand." He pondered aloud. "He did sound optimistic when he called me earlier on in the year, but he wasn't sure. I bet he's surprised right now." 

"It's been so long since I've seen All Might." Shiho sighed wistfully. "I wonder what he's been up to?" 

"He's been busy." Dahlia replied. "Should I prepare an internship request?"

"Dahlia, the Festival's not even over yet. Besides, she obviously has water mastered, what she needs help with is earthbending. She can't learn that here. No, don't bother with the papers. I'll write a letter instead." He nodded purposefully. "I know exactly where she should go."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"I knew it! Don't tell me to shut up next time I have gut feeling!" Yui jumped up from her seat dramatically and performed a twirly acrobatic maneuver. 

"Alright, I'll admit my error." Suzuka held up her hands in surrender. "She desperately needs training." 

"Yeah, no duh. She earthbends like a toddler." Noa laughed and took a sip of an energy drink. "I did better than that when I was three." 

     "I wonder if she can firebend." Din brushed a hair out of her eyes. "I want to teach her how to lightning bend." 

     "I bet she could. She has a fiery spirit." Nami assured her. 

     "I think we are all excited to finally know who the next Avatar is." Kirai sat up straight in her chair, her voice was loud and powerful. "Our next step is to make sure she doesn't fall into the wrong hands. I know of several people who have been patiently waiting for this."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

All Might was so relieved. And here he was, thinking Young Midoriya would be alone. Being the Symbol of Peace was hard, and One for All was a grievous burden to bear, but now he felt like Midoriya wouldn't be alone. He took a deep breath and slowly let it out. He wasn't as afraid anymore. 

When he was first becoming a hero, he felt alone. He didn't want that for his prodigy. Thinking back, he remembered the time he had met AvaPaang. It was in the midst of battle, he had burst onto the scene like an avalanche. Did Y/n have that power, he wondered. Surely she did, she was the Avatar, destined to keep the peace. Heavens knows he needed that. 

Now, all he needed to do was teach the two of you to be good heroes. It was a shame that was easier said than done.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Endeavor was incensed. An angry blaze roared inside of him. Would it ever be quenched? No, he decided. Not until his son had taken his place as the number one hero. If he'd ever listen to me, he growled inwardly. There's no way he'll win against the Avatar with one element.

It must've been fate. Had to be. Why was it always the same people getting in his way? All Might. The Avatar. As if it was a cycle he was doomed to watch repeated over and over. It felt like a nightmare. 

He had to do something to escape from it.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Author's Note: I had the hardest time writing this chapter, I'm not even sure why. Also I really need to draw all of my oc's but I'm just not that good at drawing. Might try later, wish me luck.