Chapter ten

You and your classmates stood together in the monitoring room to watch the match between teams D and A. Midoriya and Uraraka were the hero team and Bakugo and Iida were the villains. You guys watched but couldn't hear as Bakugo left the weapon to be protected by Iida, and Midoriya and Uraraka snuck into the building. Bakugo found them very quickly and they had what appeared to be a harsh conversation. 

"Hey, who's Bakugo talking to? I'm not hearing anthying. Can we get some sound with this video?" Kirishima asked. You were also curious about what they were talking about but had a feeling it wasn't really any of your business. 

"He's got a radio in his ear so he can talk to his partner. I gave it to him before the match started along with a map of the building. Also this, a roll of capture tape. Wrapping this around your opponent means you've apprehended them and they're out for the rest of the game." All Might gave a good explanation. You nodded. 

"So there's a 15 minute time limit and the good guys have no idea what floor the nuclear weapon is hidden on, right?" The girl with pink hair asked. All Might affirmed. "Then the heroes are clearly at a disadvantage here, a big one." 

"Real pros have to outwit villains on a daily basis. That's life, even when the odds aren't in our favor! We fight!" Everyone seemed pumped up. All Might was right, villains would never be fair to you as pros so you'd better have the determination to face those odds. "All together! Let's here a Plus Ultra!" You raised your fist and cheered with your classmates. 

"Monseur, he's on the move." You drew your attention back to the battle where things were finally heating up. Bakugo was firing off his blasts, which made it a little hard to tell what was going on, but one thing was for sure. Midoriya was actually doing really good! He seemed to know all of Bakugo's moves before he made them. 

"He's holding his own and he hasn't even used his quirk yet!" One guy said in amazement. You had to agree with him. 

Midoriya's next move was to hide from Bakugo, probably to figure out a sound strategy. You hoped he wouldn't play hide and seek for long or he would risk running out of time.
Meanwhile Uraraka, who had split off from her teammate, had found the weapon, but unfortunately she was discovered by Iida fairly quickly. She tried to secure the weapon but failed. Someone would have to do something soon or the hero team would lose. 

"Midoriya should make a move quickly before Bakugo discovers his hiding place." You remarked. "He shouldn't be waiting around like that." 

"You're right, young Ikeyuri, but I'm afraid time seems to go faster when you're in battle!" All Might addressed your concerns. "Midoriya might not realize how much time has passed." 

Finally Bakugo discovered his foe and the fight they were having earlier resumed, only this time it was even more intense. You felt butterflies flying around your stomach. 

"That guy has some real anger issues!" One boy commented and you quickly agreed. 

"Maybe he should go to therapy?" You suggested and some of the others sweatdropped in agreement. 

Next it seemed like Bakugo was about to unleash a deadly attack at Midoriya. All Might even had to intervene. 

"Young Bakugo, don't do it! You'll kill him!" 

"This is nuts!" Kirishima cried as a large explosion occurred in the building. The ground shook beneath you, which reminded you of the zero pointer from the entrance exam. All Might desperately tried to contact Midoriya. 

"Sir, isn't this getting out of hand?" 

"Bakugo is acting really crazy. He could have killed him!" Everyone cried out for the battle to end, but All Might seemed hesitant. Instead he told Bakugo that using his stored power would bring an end to the battle.