Chapter thirty-one

"Get the hell out of my way, Deku!" 

"Midoriya, hold on!" You swung your body to the side, pulling a sizable wave out of the lake and using it to carry your friend out of danger. You really didn't know what was going on, but Bakugo was yelling again and you knew he would probably just get mad at you if you tried to 'save' him. 

Bakugo grabbed Kurogiri's metal armor and slammed him down onto the ground. At the same time a wave of ice froze Nomu's entire body and you looked over to see Todoroki. It made sense that you weren't the only ones who had decided to come check out the battle, you were just the first to arrive. 

"One of your poorly trained thugs told me you're here because you think you can kill All Might." He said with zero emotions on his face. He low key looked bored. 

Thanks to Todoroki's ice, All Might was able to flip himself around and jump out of the Nomu's grip, somersaulting out of danger. He groaned in pain and you grimaced. 

"Are you okay?" Midoriya called out to All Might, but was interrupted by Kirishima's intense battle cry as he aimed a punch at Shigaraki, who dodged easily. Kirishima then jumped backwards, disappointed. 

"Damn, that was gonna be cool!" 

"Watch out Kirishima, he can turn you to dust!" You warned him. This was no time to be picking fights with the big fish. 

"Guess I found your body that time, ya smoky bastard!" Bakugo said, keeping Kurogiri on the ground. He had a wide grin of triumph on his face. You were getting increasingly confused about what the hell was going on. 

"The Symbol of Peace will not be defeated by delinquents like you." Todoroki said as everyone stood side by side. You quickly joined the lineup. Beside of you Midoriya looked like he was getting emotional. 

"Kacchan! Everyone." He wiped his eyes hastily before giving a fierce look to match the rest. Before you stood Shigaraki, and you couldn't see his actual face, but you had a feeling he was giving you all a look. You didn't like it. 

"Kurogiri? How could you let this brat get the best of you? You've gotten us into a real jam here." 

"Heh, you got careless, you dumbass villain. It wasn't hard to figure you out." Bakugo boasted aloud. "Only certain parts of you turn into that smoking warp gate. You used that mist to hide your actual body as a kind of distraction. Thinking that made you safe! That's why we missed. But if you didn't have a body, you wouldn't be wearing this neck armor, right? You're not immune to physical attacks if they're well aimed." Kurogiri started to struggled so Bakugo let loose another explosion. "Don't move. You try anything funny and I'll blow your ass up right now! You got it? They'll be cleaning you up for weeks." 

"Whoa, that doesn't sound very heroic!" Kirishima said, but he didn't sound very serious. 

"They escaped uninjured and captured my two strongest men. Kids these days really are amazing. They make the League of Villains look like amateurs. Can't have that." Shigaraki began before turning. "Nomu." 

The Nomu began screeching and slowly lifting his body out of the warp gate. He was missing half of his leg and most of one arm. 

"How is that thing still moving? He's all messed up." Midoriya commented as you all watched in horror. 

"Stay back, everybody!" All Might yelled, holding his arm out to try and prevent anyone from moving forward. You weren't about to argue with him, seemed like a good idea to you. 

Suddenly the ice on Nomu' body shattered, flying in different directions, and his arm started to grow itself back. You could literally see the tendons forming before his skin covered it. You blanched.