Chapter seventeen

After you got home from school you raced up the stairs to your room, just barely shouting hello over your shoulder at Gram. She rolled her eyes at you as you slammed your door shut. It was untelling what you were getting up to, but she decided to leave you up to your own devices. She had faith everything would work itself out. 

You sat down at your desk, flinging your backpack onto your bed and opening a notebook. You began making a list of all of your classmates. You probably spelled some of their names wrong, but oh well. What could a girl do. 

Next you made an entirely different list. You knew very few benders, so you would have to analyze the fighting styles of several pro hero benders to figure out how they incorporate bending moves into their fighting styles. 

The first hero was obviously AvaPaang, and although you had already binge watched all of his fights that were on camera, you supposed it could never hurt to watch them again. And again. And again. 

The second hero was Dahlia, a fire bending hero with a quirk that lets hero see through things. She started out a stealth hero before becoming a main hero at the AvaPaang Hero Agency. Unfortunately a few years ago she suffered from a career-ending hamstring injury and hasn't been on the field since. You were still rooting for her to make a return. 

Next was Risktaker, a current AvaPaang hero. When you were struggling with keeping your water flowing you had paid close attention to his fights. He was a waterbender with a luck quirk that helped him turn the tide in his favor. You didn't really need to analyze waterbending moves since you already knew them, but he had a different bending style than you and you wanted to study how he incorporated it into his hand-to-hand combat. 

Last, but not least, was the elusive hero team the Kyoshi Warriors. They were a group of hard hitting women who wore nearly identical outfits imitating past Avatar Kyoshi. They had benders of all sorts in their ranks, including their leader, an earthbender. You were a huge fan. Unfortunately the Kyoshi Warriors didn't believe heroes should have marketing, or merch. You would kill for just a t-shirt. 

The list ended there for the time being. You didn't want to pile more onto your already full plate. You were busy staring at your list when your phone buzzed. It was a text.

*Mina*
Ok so what was that?

Y/n
???

*Mina*

You and Todoroki??? Sparring??

Laughing together like old friends???

Y/n
?we weren't?

*Mina*
:|

That's not what i saw
Y/n

He made some comment about
nOt leArNinG from me so i got
excited when i beat him

*Mina*
Ew, mean, and here i was planning
your wedding :/

Y/n
Slow down Mina

Mina was the kind of person who made friends with people instantly, and she had even insisted you use her first name. You couldn't help but smile at her crackhead antics. You thought she would get along great with Pau, and by "get along great" you meant get into trouble.

*Mina*
Kk, you got Bakugo's #?

Y/n
No, maybe ask Midoriya?

*Mina*
I dont have his # either

Y/n
I'll give it to you.
Why do you need it anyway?

*Mina*
Im gonna eat lunch with him and
Kiri and Kami tomorrow, you should join
us!

Y/n
K! Ill look forward to it!

*Mina*
Who wouldnt? They're all pretty cute lol

You rolled your eyes. Yes, they were really cute. You could admit it. You looked back at your list. You had more important things to think about. Maybe you would get the answers to some of your questions tomorrow?

Y/n
Ill be there! You can count on
me!

*Mina*
Good! Id feel guilty hoarding all of
these guys to myself lol

You continued texting back and forth with Mina for a while before deciding you needed to get your homework done. Especially since afterward you had some research to do. Tonight might be a long, you rubbed your eyes and got to work.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Author's note: ive been rereading the Artemis Fowl series so ive been a little distracted lol. Not my favorite chapter, but i loved including little hints about my oc's. I have so many of them, but dont worry, ill try not to over-include them. They will be in this story a lot tho, so if you hate oc's this might not be the story for you. Hope you enjoyed! ✌️