Chapter twelve

"—also, will you please not talk so loudly about One for All when anyone around you could hear?!?" All Might asked Recovery Girl animatedly. They were both having a conversation while you and Midoriya both were asleep on cots in the nurses office. 

     "Yeah, yeah. I know, Mr. Natural-Born-Hero! Mr. Symbol of Peace!" Recovery Girl exclaimed and All Might sighed. 

     "Several people know about my injuries in this weak form, like the UA faculty and a certain group of pro heroes for example, however only a select few people know the secret of One for All. There's you, the principle, and two very close friends of mine. Young Midoriya too, of course, but no one else knows the truth about my powers." 

"The Avatar also knows, All Might," Recovery Girl reminded him. He sighed again. 

"Avatar Pong knew, yes. Whoever the new Avatar is doesn't. I don't think they remember that much of their past lives. 

"You're the number one hero in the world All Might, does it really matter if you were born with your quirk or not? Do you have to be the Symbol of Peace? Is it that important?" Recovery Girl asked him earnestly. 

"If they knew I wasn't the temptation of this power could corrupt our society. This quirk, those who wield it are responsible for mankind's safety." All Might spoke with conviction. He was right.
"Well if that's the case it's even more important for you to be a good guide." Recovery Girl looked toward Midoriya. 

"You're right." All Might agreed solemnly.

                                                                🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

     You woke up in the nurses office, slowly raising up and looking around. Recovery Girl was there! So was Midoriya, who was on a cot next to yours. It seemed like he was just waking up too. 

     "Rise and shine, children!" Recovery Girl finally noticed you were both awake. Midoriya looked surprised. Afterward Recovery Girl gave you some Tylenol to help your headache and explained to Midoriya why she couldn't use her quirk on him. She told you to get a good nights sleep so you wouldn't feel so bad. "That's it for today's treatment! Come back tomorrow, okay?" She waves you both out of her office as soon as possible. She must have a hard job since you guessed she had to deal with more injuries than at a normal school. 

     "How did your battle go?" He asked you as you both walked to your classroom. 

     "I'm not sure how it ended, I kind of got electrocuted by Kaminari." You were kind of embarrassed now that it was over. Maybe Kirishima had pulled through for your team? "We tried to ambush them, and it almost worked! But we probably shouldn't have left the weapon unguarded." 

     When you guys entered the classroom you were immediately swarmed by your classmates.
     "Hey it's Midoriya and Ikeyuri! Good to see you guys back! Hey Ikeyuri, we won our match!" Kirishima said and you lit up. 

     "Really! Did you beat Kaminari?" You asked excitedly. 

     "Well, not really. He actually just used his quirk too much and couldn't touch the weapon. But we still won!" 

     "Oh, well at least it worked out! I'm sorry I fainted on you. I should have helped more." Your embarrassment got worse. 

     "No, you did great! All Might actually named you mvp of the battle!" This surprised you greatly. 

     "Really!?! Oh my god, that's so cool!" You squealed. 

     "And Midoriya. Aw man, I have no idea what you were saying in that match, but you were all fired up, huh?" Midoriya seemed incredibly surprised at the compliments he was receiving.