Chapter fifty-two

You were avidly watching Kirishima versus Tetsu Tetsu when Izuku pulled you away from the hero course seats and lead you to where Uraraka was waiting for her match with Bakugo in waiting room 2. He was afraid that she would be nervous, and you were sure she was. This entire affair was nerve racking, the deepest kind too. 

     "I just hope she's not too upset." He said quietly before opening the door. "Uraraka!" 

     "Deku! Y/n! Why aren't you out there watching the matches?" 

     "Well, most of them ended how I expected them to. And it's looking like Kirishima's fight's going to drag in for quite a while." 

     "Yeah, they're so evenly matched. I have no idea who's gonna win." You sat down at the table, trying to make yourself feel more comfortable. A light tension filled the room.

     "I'm next. So this is it, my fight." Uraraka was visibly nervous, probably like you were before your first match. 

     "It'll be okay. I don't think Bakugo would use the full power of his explosions on a girl, right?" Iida asked. 

     "Yeah, he would." Izuku said without hesitation. You cringed, though you supposed Uraraka needed to know. "And besides, everyone's trying to get the top spot in these games. Even if she wasn't fighting Kacchan, I don't think anyone would hold back." 

     "And they shouldn't. We're not weaker because we're girls." You grumbled. 

     ""You've helped me so much. It's my turn to help you." Izuku looked at Uraraka and pulled out a mangled notebook. "Maybe I can repay you a little bit with this. I've got a plan for how you can use your quirk against Kacchan. It's not much, but I did my best." 

     "Hey! Well, all right! This is perfect!" Iida said. You thought he was missing the point. 

     "Thank you so much for doing that. But, no. Sorry." Uraraka shook her head. Izuku looked confused. 

     "What?" He questioned her. 

     "You're wonderful, Deku. I keep seeing that over and over again. During the cavalry battle, I told you it was a great idea to team up with friends. But now that I think about, I might've been trying to rely on you to get by. That's why when Iida said that he was trying his best to beat you, I actually felt kind of embarrassed for myself." 

     "Uraraka...." Izuku looked sad. 

     "So it's fine. Really. Everyone's facing their future and giving this their best. That means we're all rivals. Even you and me, Deku. So, guess I'll see you in the finals." Uraraka gave a brave thumbs up before leaving the room. She left Izuku and Iida speechless. You smiled. 

     "I think you guys are underestimating her. Even if she doesn't win, she's gonna give one hell of a try." You stood up to leave the room. "She'll be fine. We just need to support her."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

     "Uraraka is down!" You watched her fall on the battlefield, hands gripping a railing like your life depended on it. You watched as she struggled to get back up. She didn't make it. 

     "Uraraka is KO'd. Bakugo advances to the second round!" Midnight called the match. You sighed and sat down. 

     "That was rough." You muttered. "I hope she's gonna be ok." After a moment of sitting you noticed that Izuku was nowhere to be seen and got up to look for him. You thought he might've headed to Recovery Girl's to check on Uraraka, so you got up to go find them. 

     As you were heading through the door you bumped into Bakugo.

     "Oops, sorry." You said quickly. He didn't even look at you, instead he was focused on Sero, who was talking.