Chapter fifty

The deafening sounds from the crowd wiped your mind clean of any thoughts you may have had before you walked out into the arena where your first solo battle would take place. You had heard Present Mic announce your entrance but you completely missed when he announced Kaminari. He was smirking as he walked onto the field, but the look in his eyes said the complete opposite. He shook his head, probably to clear it from the same mind fog you were experiencing, and took his spot opposite of you. You were having trouble breathing. 

     "Hey, you wanted a good fight, right? Just do your best!" He switched facial expressions to an encouraging smile. He was taking pity on you, and that was all you needed to get yourself back in the game. You were finally able to tune out the crowd and gave him a determined look. 

     "Oh, it's gonna be good alright." You smirked in response and he returned the look. You needed to own this moment. And you were going to. 

     "Remember to make this battle last longer than the last one, ok? Begin!" 

     "Hey, don't forget our deal when I win. Remember, I'm doing this for you!" He ran forward, sparks sprouting from his hands like tiny plants. It was too bad he was never going to get close enough for them to touch you. You took one step back before raring you hand back and pushing it forward, sending the biggest gust of wind you had ever done before. Kamimari's eyes widened as he was pushed backwards, arms flailing in an effort not to fall over. He stopped and steadied himself just before crossing the line on the ground. A hush fell over the stadium. 

     "Wha...?" Kaminari didn't move, and you waited for a reaction. The reaction was why you were here after all. 

     "Oh sh- no." Aizawa's voice came over the speakers. 

     "What was that Eraserhead? We have have no files with us that says your student can do that? Wait, why are you upset?" Present Mic questioned his co-host. 

     "I forgot to request student Ikeyuri's new papers from the Quirk Minister. She refiled a week ago to change her quirk information." 

     "Well, look at that folks. More evidence that Aizawa's a horrible teacher!" You heard your teacher faintly grumbling his annoyances before apparently deciding it wasn't worth it. "I guess we just don't know what this student's quirk is, folks! How dramatic! What could she possibly do next?" 

     "Oh my god, that's what you were referring to when you said you had a few tricks up your sleeve. You're sneaky, Y/n!" Kaminari took a couple tentative steps forward. "It's a good thing wind still can't stop electricity!" 

     You knew what he was doing next, and you had no idea what you were going to do about it. Time slowed down, and a thought formed in your head. You couldn't run away, which left only one solution. You had to face it head on

     "Indiscriminate Shock. 1.3 million volts!" This time you ran towards the large tendrils of electricity before quickly stomping your feet onto the ground with a force you had never used before. Thrusting your hands up, you closed your eyes, because you couldn't bear to see the result of your instincts. It turns out you didn't even need to close your eyes. A great cloud of dust flew up into the air and a hush yet again fell over the crowd as they waited for it to disperse. You gave a feeble cough and opened your eyes. 

"Is this it, ladies, gentlemen, and non-binaries? Has Kaminari shocked his enemy into submission?" The dust settled and instead of seeing your opponent in front of you, you saw a large wall of earth. "What's this? Ikeyuri is completely fine, and it's thanks to another new ability! Wowee, Eraserhead really messed up when he forgot about that paperwork, huh?" 

"Can you stop pointing that out?" Aizawa grumbled. 

"No, I can't!" Present Mic denied him a shred of dignity. You pumped a fist into the air excitedly.