Chapter forty-one

"My, what as interesting development." A man in a nice suit sat his teacup down on a small table. He was sitting down on a plush couch in a very nice apartment, eyes glued to the tv. "A waterbender came in second place." 

"Don't get your hopes up." A woman sat beside him with dark skin and curly hair cut close to her skull. "I know you're optimistic. Curb your expectations." 

"There are no such things as coincidences, Dahlia. I would bet buckets of money on that girl being the Avatar." 

"She appears talented, though I'm afraid I'm not so sure." Dahlia typed on a computer on her lap. "I don't subscribe to the same philosophy." 

The man opened his mouth to say something else but the door behind him suddenly burst open and a young woman bounded through with a red pixie cut. 

"I can't believe I'm late! Is it on a commercial? Quick, fill me in." She hung her coat on the rack beside the door and disappeared, only to reappear on the couch beside of the man. "Any luck? We'd better find that Avatar quick before someone else does." 

"I think today is going to be a good day." The man turned towards her. "It's just as I suspected. All Might was right, his students are very good. But there is one in particular." 

"The waterbender, right? Is she..." The excited redhead trailed off, expecting an answer. Dahlia glanced up from her laptop for the first time since the conversation started. 

"We'll see." He said simply. "We'll see."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"Did you see that waterbender?" I girl with long white blonde hair jumped up from her seat. This living was a bit more modest than the last, with well-worn furniture and more occupants. "She's so cool! Man, I really hope..." 

"Don't even finish that sentence, Yui." Another girl crossed her arms. She had long black hair and fiery yellow eyes. "I absolutely refuse to even consider it this far into the competition." 

"Why not? We all know this is the only reason we're even watching the festival this year. The Kyoshi Warriors guidelines warn us against being 'showy' or whatever." Yui formed quotation marks with her fingers. The other girl looked agitated. 

"I'm afraid Suzuka is right, Yui. We should all calm ourselves just in case." Yui began pouted as their esteemed leader agreed with someone else. Yui was currently the youngest and least experienced of the pro hero team. 

"I wonder what kind of equipment she has on her hero costume." Din, a tanned girl with red eyes and curly hair mused, eyes narrowing. "I bet I could come up with gadgets better than whatever the school has given her for waterbending." 

"And I could use my advanced blacksmithing techniques to help, too." Noa said, who had impressively muscled arms from years of working hard. "We need to invite her here for internships, Kirai." 

"I think we will. Nami, could you get the correct paperwork ready for me later?" The leader turn to her second in command. 

"Of course! Gladly." She was curled on a chair with a warm mug in her hands. "I bet a lot of people will be dying to teach her, even if she isnt..." 

"Ssssh, it's back on!" Yui screeched loudly as Present Mic's voice boomed through the room. "I'm so excited!"

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"I really hope Y/n can pull this off." Kawa said. She was sitting in some of highest seats in the entire stadium, which was packed to the brim. It was uncomfortably hot and the noise made her scrunch her nose up. "I'm just not sure she can hold off using her other tricks before the individual battles." 

     "I think she's got it in the bag. She did amazing in the first round." Pau was leaning back in his seat, munching on a bag of popcorn. "Either way, I think she'll make it." 

     "Yes, but she needs every advantage she can get in the later rounds. And she'll get more attention during the individual battles." Gram pointed out. "I believe she'll impress even us. She's strong. Stronger than I was at her age."

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Author's Note: I was hit by this massive tidal wave of writer's block this week. It's honestly crazy to me how long I've been writing at least one chapter a week. Don't worry, I'm gonna try to get back on it. Next chapter will rock, I've already started on it. Hope you guys enjoyed this neat little sneak peak, I did enjoy writing it. Peace.