Chapter thirty-seven

At first you were incredibly upset, and you weren't gonna lie, you shed some tears.You definitely didn't bother heading to the cafeteria, since you didn't feel like eating. Why did you even trust him? He was the most sus person in your entire class! You needed to work on your naïveté. 

After walking around the building where nobody was you finally got tired of moping. You were still upset, but then you got mad. Really mad. Were you really gonna sit here and victim blame yourself? Who did this boy think he was? I mean, he obviously thinks he's Endeavor's son. But he also looked like a Candyland character, and you weren't gonna let this peppermint bitch act like he's better than you, were you? 

You walked back to your classroom in silence. It was a little early to be there, but it was also too late to actually eat lunch. And you knew you would regret it later. Oh well, nothing you could do about it now. 

Aizawa was curled up inside of his sleeping bag in the corner of the classroom like a cat. You were deathly afraid of waking anyone up, much less your strict teacher, so you tiptoed to your desk and sat on top of it. You began digging in your bag, hoping to find a snack, when a gruff voice interrupted you. 

"Why aren't you at lunch?" You whipped around to see Aizawa looking at you through one squinted eye. He didn't look happy. 

"Uh, well, I guess I kind of just didn't want to?" You stuttered out. He continued staring at you blankly. "I can leave if you want me to?" 

"No, stay." He grunted as he slowly stood up like a mummy rising from it's sarcophagus. You could hear him muttering annoyances under his breath. He finally shuffled over to where you were. "What's wrong." 

"Nothing! I'm just..." You could see his skepticism through his bandages and sighed. "Todoroki's really mean." 

"I figured it was him. I saw you two leave together. What happened?" He didn't sound as demanding as he usually did. Was he trying to sort of comfort you? 

"He broke a promise, and right after he made it no less. And he called me childish! As if he isn't the one without basic human decency." You sighed again, louder this time. "I know I'm naive. But I want to believe the best in people before I'm proven wrong. And now he knows one of the tricks I have up my sleeve." 

"You could beat him." 

"What?" You looked at your teacher skeptically. 

"You could beat him. He's scared of you, even if he doesn't want to admit it. You're clearly the worst matchup for him here when it comes to your quirks, and your really good at yours. You've obviously been training for years at it, right?" You nodded. 

"Ever since I was young. My Gram taught me everything about it, since we share one." 

"I'd say you know more about your quirk than anyone in this class." Oh, if only he knew how wrong he was. Water was only scratching the surface. He was right about your years of hard work, though. He turned to walk away but you stopped him. 

"Hey, I actually need to ask you about something? I'm going to make some changes to my quirk registration soon. Do I need to fill out some paperwork here, or...?" 

"Don't worry about it. I'll contact the Quirk Registry to get the papers we need." 

"Oh. Thanks, Aizawa! And thanks for the pep talk. I really needed it." You thanked him sheepishly. 

"Good. Now leave me alone." He deadpanned. 

"Yes, sir!" You gave him a salute and settled down into your chair. Your classmates would be back soon.

"Um... why the heck are you all here?" Uraraka shouted at the horde of students crammed in front of your classroom door. The final bell had rang and it was now time to leave, if you could that is. 

"Do you students have some sort of business with our class?" Iida asked tersely, hand forward in karate chop form. 

"Yeah, what's your deal?" You asked, not loud enough for them to hear though. 

"They're scouting out the competition, idiots." Bakugo said straight faced. He wasn't yelling?

 "We're the class that survived a real villain attack. They wanna see us with their own eyes." You supposed that was true enough, but it also made you feel like an animal at the zoo.

"Let's just hope he doesn't explode anybody." Midoriya said quietly as Bakugo walked straight up to the throng. 

"At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now move it, extras!" Bakugo started then in the eyes. He could be scary when he wanted to be. 

"You can't walk around calling people extras because you don't know who they are!" Iida chopped in his direction. Fair enough, but you didn't know who any of these kids were either. Well, except for one. 

"So this is Class 1-A. I heard you guys were impressive, but you just sound like an ass." You had forgotten about this guy! He was from the Entrance Exam, and possibly your middle school. And you still couldn't remember his name? "Is everyone in the hero course this delusional, or just you? How sad to come here and find a bunch of ego maniacs. I wanted to be in the hero course, but like many others here, I was forced to choose a different track. Such is life." 

"Tch." Bakugo stared at the boy with purple hair. It was almost periwinkle. Overall, it just reminded you of James from Team Rocket. He continued his little speech. 

"I didn't cut it the first time around, but I have another chance. If any of us do well in the Sports Festival the teachers can decide to transfer us to the hero course. And they'll have to transfer people out to make room." Several of your classmates gasped. Not you. You had already been intimidated once today, and it wasn't happening again. You were the Avatar now, and there was no way you were loosing your spot. 

"Scouting the competition? Maybe some of my peers are, but I'm here to let you know that, if you don't bring your very best, I'll steal your spot right from under you. Consider this a declaration of war." 

"Bring it." You said under your breath. This was juicy. James and Bakugo proceeded to have a stare down when they were interrupted by someone you couldn't quite see. You sure could hear them though. The boy sounded like he was talking in all caps.

"Hey you! I'm from Class 1-B next door to you! We heard you fought some villains, and I came to see if that was true! But you're just a bunch of brats who think you"re better than us!" Your classmates looked mortified. You just had an interesting story to tell Pau while he tried to teach you the air scooter again. "Talk all you want, it'll just me more embarrassing when you're KO'd! Don't ignore me!" 

Bakugo elbowed his way through the crowd, trying to act all tough. 

"Dude, where are you going? You gotta say something. It's your fault they're all hating on us, Bakugo." Kirishima shouted at Bakugo, who looked back. 

"These people don't matter. The only thing that's important is that I beat them." And with that, the mad man walked away. Somehow he was less scary when he was screaming. That one guy from Class 1-B yelled after him, but he got no response. 

"Ugh, I hate that that was such a manly exit." Kirishima clenched his fist as a shiny tear rolled down his face. Gay, much? 

"You said it." Sato said, hand on his chin. Unfortunately for you, it was pretty badass. 

"We have to beat them, he wasn't wrong." Tokoyami added helpfully. 

"Yeah, sure, but this sucks! He made us everyone's enemies." Kaminari countered. The tension in the room rose even more as Todoroki walked calmly passed you without giving you a second glance. Everyone seemed at a loss as to what you should do. The festival was in two weeks, and that hallway looked intimidating. You closed your eyes and found your resolve before opening them back up. 

"Oh, come on Kaminari. We looked death in the face less than a week ago. This'll be a piece of cake." You gave them a determined smile before turning around elbowing your way through the crowd. You would make it. You had to.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Author's Note: Hi! Sorry for being a bit late, I had some editing to do and I started making jewelry for some friend's Christmas presents. But I'm still working on the story, don't worry! Thanks for reading guys.